VBAC
Options

I checked out my VBA2C hospital today and I liked it!

I was nervous because it's in a sorta crappy area downtown, and it's an older hospital than the one in my neighborhood. I heard the tour wasn't that great, so I went in with an open mind, and just wanting to understand what the procedures where and what to expect.

I ended up really liking it.

They have a valet drop, which we had hoped for, so my DH can stay with me when I first get checked in. There was a lovely grand piano in the lobby with someone playing and it was so beautiful and calming. I guess I expected a bit of a dump, so this was such a nice touch and surprise.

The tour was really informative and the host took the time to answer everyone's questions along the way. Our previous hospital tour was super rushed with tons of people and just a bit of a mess. So this was also a nice surprise.

The ward is on the top floor, overlooking downtown. Everything was nice, but not too large or overwhelming. It's a smaller hospital and I felt like we wouldn't get lost in a panic, things were really clear on where to go. The rooms were really nice, large, comfortable. They work with the moms to do squats, use a bar, birthing ball, and even have a couple tubs you can labor in. You can walk around and move as you want, there wasn't an expectation that you had to be in your bed at all times, which I didn't want. I can have my chiropractor come and adjust me during labor if I need to, and if I decide on a doula, that doesn't count against the number of people allowed in the room. I'm undecided on this, but I thought that was great, too.

You can take photos and video, which my last hospital wouldn't allow, so that is also a nice surprise. I have heard of restrictions in other hospitals as well, so I just thought that's what they all did these, days. I love having the option to record more since this is our last baby, and a special occasion regardless of order, it's just nice to be able to capture it more than we have been able to in the past.

The recovery room is very basic, but still, it's private with it's own bathroom, which is all I really care about. They provide all the supplies for you and your baby, and expect the baby to be in the room with you, which I'd want anyway.

They even PROVIDE A STROLLER FOR YOU when you leave! Can you even believe that? I've never heard of that before! It's not a fancy one, but it's a nicer umbrella stroller than we currently use, so that's pretty cool! 

There's an amazing 2 room VIP suite that you can pay out of pocket to use for your recovery. Fold out couch in a mini-living room and room to sleep 3. Full tile bathroom, large fridge, it's like a hotel room! Someone asked if Catherine Zeta-Jones used that room, and the guide said she did deliver there but just stayed in a regular room to recover in, (can you believe that?!) 

Overall, I don't like the drive into downtown and just hope we're not going down there during rush hour traffic, but besides that, I like everything else about it and it feels like this is going to be the right place for me to have my VBA2C, which makes me really happy! :D 

Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg

Re: I checked out my VBA2C hospital today and I liked it!

• Options
    Nice! The hospital my MWs were affiliated with was nothing to write home about. but I didn't care, bc they have the best VBAC rate in my city.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    Sounds really great.  What city is this?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its Los Angeles.
    Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
    I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"