Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Prenatal vitamins

What are some good prenatal vitamins to take before/while TTC? Just trying to get prepared! ;)

Re: Prenatal vitamins

• Options

My OB gives me a scrip and samples - Vitafol One. I like it because it's easy to swallow (giggity). 

If you're looking for an OTC, lots of ladies on here have recommended target gummies in the past. 

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options
    I did a lot of research (professional hazard) and I decided the best ones (for me, Im not making judgments for anyone else) were the GNC prenatals. I am currently taking the GNC Prenatal w/o iron and a separate DHA supplement.  After I get pregnant, I plan to switch to the GNC prenatal that has iron in it.  I chose to avoid the w/ iron version for now because it hurts my stomach.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love multi vites gummy chews from either target or cvs. They're inexpensive and delicious. I've tried others that never sat well.
    Married since April 2011-Homeowners since January 2012-TTC since June 2012
    Welcomed DS June 2014
  • Options
    I personally like New Chapter Prenatal vitamins along with Nortic berry DHA strawberry flavor.
    I changed frome One A Day prenatal and I have found that I feel better and my nails are not splitting like they were.
    Prenatals are personal preference. Some Dr will give you a script others will say what ever brand you want.

These do not upset my stomach at all.

Good luck with your search!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I just switched from a script it was discontinued to the Trader Joe's brand prenatal and a separate Nordic Naturals DHA. The new combination is so much better on my stomach. I wish I would have switched before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've always taken a Women's One-A-Day. My OB said it's fine to maintain taking that since it has 400mcg Folic Acid.

If/when I get KU I will switch to one with DHA along with prenatal. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I take Nature Made. It was the most reasonably priced and it has DHA in it, so no need to take two pills!
    TTC April 2013
    M/C 1/15 @ 6 weeks
    RE 8/16
    Monitored Clomid 11/15
    M/C 12/16 @ 6 weeks
    Clomid & Ovidrel Shot
    M/C 2/16 @ 8 weeks
    *Currently on Clomid (monitored) and waiting on tissue results.
  • Options
    I do the rainbow Light PNVs, they have a petite version that I like, I have a calcium and magnesium supplement because I don't eat dairy. and nordic naturals DHA.
    Me: 33 DH:34
    DD: 4-5-14

• Options
    I do the gummies while ttc and once pregnant I switch to the 1 a day.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    TRS48TRS48 member
    I love Solgar brand vitamins & supplements. You can purchase a huge bottle on Amazon of the Solgar Prenatals for a lot cheaper than in the store. They are amazing but make sure to take them after eating (as with most vitamins) or else they could make you nauseous. Also, when you take vitamins with food, it helps absorption. :)

• Options

imageSarah52Beth:
    I take Nature Made. It was the most reasonably priced and it has DHA in it, so no need to take two pills!

This is what I take too and I have no issues with them.  I do take them after dinner though so the iron doesn't upset my stomach (I've not had any issues with this, but I heard to take them with food, so that's what I've always done).

I remember hearing that prenatals work wonders for your hair and nails also and never put much stock into it, but I've been taking them for about 2 months now and my hair is like silk :-)   

• Options
    I take the target Up & Up brand prenatals. They are normal size and don't upset my stomach at all (with our without food).
    <3
    EDD: 1/28/2018
    Eli: 10/14/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I originally took the gummy prenatals by vita fusion until I priced them against the capsules. I found the capsules offer more vitamin percentages daily over the gummies, cost less and last longer.

Now my prenatal of choice are the ones by Naturemade and I've not had any problems.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hello,

I called my ob and had her call one in for me.  We are just starting the process of TTC too!  You could pick one out yourself too but I trust the Doc when it comes down to preparing for something as special / important as this.  good luck!  

FYI  I started the vit today and I felt like I was going to throw up even with a full meal?I think everyone's body absorbs vitamins differently.  I am going to continue and give them a chance for a few more days but I would keep that in mind.   

• Options
    I've been taking the Target brand Up & Up PNVs for years. I take one at night before bed and they have never bothered my stomach. 

• Options
    mmb248mmb248 member
    VitaFusion prenatal gummies. I'm anemic so I already take an iron supplement. Lots of ladies who don't need the extra iron like them because no iron means no upset tummy.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options
    Premama is a prenatal that is a flavorless powder that you mix into almost any drink. It has all the prenatal vitamins you need - folic acid, iron, DHA and calcium. It also has ginger root in it that helps a lot with nausea. You can get it at www.drinkpremama.com. I hope this helps!! :) 
  • Options

Wow, there are so many options!  I take One-A-Day.  I like the separate DHA pill, and it's worked well for me.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options

My Dr. gave me a script (which makes them free). I didn't do much research. I figured if she is gonna prescribe them, they can't be bad. Mine are Virtus Pharmaceuticals: VP-PNV-DHA. No special name or anything.

Side note: Hubby says they smell like Cocoa Pebbles. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"