Birthday Parties
Options

First birthday questions

This is sort of GTKY, sort of a help for me.

1. What was your child(ren)'s first birthday theme?

2. Why did you choose that theme?

3. What things at the party matched your theme (food, plates, cups, napkins, invitations, etc)?

4. What favors (if any) did you have?

5. Where did you get all your party supplies?

6. How much did you spend total on everything? 

7. How many people did you invite, and how many showed up?

8. If you invited more than say, 30 people, why did you invite so many?

9. Any great gifts that really stood out to you (if people brought your LO gifts)?

10. Anything else you'd like to add? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First birthday questions

• Options

1. What was your child(ren)'s first birthday theme? Baby dinosaurs

2. Why did you choose that theme? DS loved chewing on his rubber baby dinos and I found cute partyware for that theme

3. What things at the party matched your theme (food, plates, cups, napkins, invitations, etc)? all the partyware, deco (big posters on the walls, dino crossing signs on the main entrance, dino footprints leadind the way to the party location, etc) Food was either dino shaped or related

4. What favors (if any) did you have? princess stuff for the girls and dino softball and water bottle for boys, candy for all

5. Where did you get all your party supplies? online, probably partycity

6. How much did you spend total on everything? not sure, maybe around 300

7. How many people did you invite, and how many showed up? invited around 50 and around 40 came

8. If you invited more than say, 30 people, why did you invite so many? 1/3 were family, then our good friends with kids and our closest childless friends (we usually have big parties for everything though)

9. Any great gifts that really stood out to you (if people brought your LO gifts)? DS liked best a walk on train, a bat op power bike, a ball pit and a play tent with activities on the walls

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    1. What was your child(ren)'s first birthday theme? Nautical 

2. Why did you choose that theme? I thought it was cute and could still be executed with a babyish feel :)

3. What things at the party matched your theme (food, plates, cups, napkins, invitations, etc)? Everything! My favorites were the banner I made with all of his month pics and the big cardboard boxes that my parents turned into sailboats.

4. What favors (if any) did you have? Sandbox molds in the shape of anchors and beach balls

5. Where did you get all your party supplies? I made the invites, banners, signs and other decor... We did buy the plates, and some balloons online and then cups and napkins from Party City

6. How much did you spend total on everything? Hmmm... Maybe $350ish

7. How many people did you invite, and how many showed up? invited around 40 and about 30 came

8. If you invited more than say, 30 people, why did you invite so many? My husband has 2 brothers and a sister who all have kids, plus I have a group of friends that all had babies within 6 months of each other 

9. Any great gifts that really stood out to you (if people brought your LO gifts)? He still loves his car (kind of like a cozy coupe) and a plush ride on frog rocker.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30   DH: 32   
    TFAS since May 2013
    8/14 - Bloodwork showed heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation and elevated AMH (but no cysts)
    9/14 - HSG, Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy showed tubes clear, but found and removed Endometriosis, scar tissue and 2 small benign masses on my tubes.
    11/14 - Daily ultrasounds confirmed that my follicles are not releasing the egg and every other day blood draws showed very low progesterone... DH's SA was near perfect
    12/14 - moving onto meds!!! Hold up!!!  Surprise BFP after only taking the progesterone!  Now what do I do with all of the other meds we already paid for?!  Due at the end of August 2015 Beta#1- 4434 @ 22DPO  Beta#2 - 7335 @ 25DPO Beta #3 - 14429  @ 28DPO
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. What was your child(ren)'s first birthday theme? Baby Mickey

2. Why did you choose that theme? We are a big Disney family

3. What things at the party matched your theme (food, plates, cups, napkins, invitations, etc)? everything including the cake

4. What favors (if any) did you have? party bags with bubbles, crayons, goldfish etc.

5. Where did you get all your party supplies? online- birthday express

6. How much did you spend total on everything? I have no idea but I waited for sales

7. How many people did you invite, and how many showed up? about 35 and 30 showed

8. If you invited more than say, 30 people, why did you invite so many? we have a big family

9. Any great gifts that really stood out to you (if people brought your LO gifts)? an activity table

No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Options
    This is sort of GTKY, sort of a help for me. 1. What was your child(ren)'s first birthday theme? Sock monkey 2. Why did you choose that theme? Just thought it was fun. 3. What things at the party matched your theme (food, plates, cups, napkins, invitations, etc)? Pretty much everything LOL 4. What favors (if any) did you have? Sock monkey cakepops 5. Where did you get all your party supplies? i Party, birthdaypartyexpress.com, Michael's 6. How much did you spend total on everything? Ugghh...I don't even want to add it up. Probably $700 or so. 7. How many people did you invite, and how many showed up? Invited about 25 and I think everyone came and some brought a few "extra" people 8. If you invited more than say, 30 people, why did you invite so many? 9. Any great gifts that really stood out to you (if people brought your LO gifts)? This toy that he can push and learn walking/ride on it. It is a Fisher Price puppy. He loves it. 10. Anything else you'd like to add? My son had just napped at 12 and I thought he would be fine until at least 4 pm. Nope, he was walking around with his new toy and probably over stimulated so he had a meltdown when we were trying to do the cake smash. Needless to say it didn't happen as I planned. He would not even touch the cake or sit in is highchair (this is always a battle). To do it over, I would have done it first and then quickly cleaned him up and came back to the party. It was a lot more work than I had imagined to set up the party that morning. It would have been helpful to ensure someone was watching him that morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1. What was your child(ren)'s first birthday theme? Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

2. Why did you choose that theme?  We were team green, so this was our first chance to celebrate everything "boy" about our son.

3. What things at the party matched your theme (food, plates, cups, napkins, invitations, etc)?

food - we had a "puppy dog tail" bar (hot dog bar), "dirt" cake, snips of greens (salad), snips of fruit (fruit salad), snips of pasta (pasta salad), snail sandwiches (pinwheels), snail cookies (spiral cookies), puppy dog tail pretzels (pretzel rods dipped in chocolate)

invitation had the saying on the front

All tableware was blue and brown

We included puppy dog ears (headbands) in the goodie bag

Little metal pails with puppy dog ears, inflatable mini beach balls, bubbles, and a board book

5. Where did you get all your party supplies? Party City/ The Dollar Store

6. How much did you spend total on everything? ?  I don't remember

7. How many people did you invite, and how many showed up? I think we invited in the high 40s and had a little over 30 show up.

8. If you invited more than say, 30 people, why did you invite so many? We invited our family (including extended, but we have a small family), our friends with kids of a similar age, and my mom's group and their families.

9. Any great gifts that really stood out to you (if people brought your LO gifts)? Toy cars were prevalent and a big hit.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. What was your child(ren)'s first birthday theme? Very Hungry Caterpillar

2. Why did you choose that theme? DS had a little VHC teether that he took EVERYWHERE with him, and he loved the story

3. What things at the party matched your theme (food, plates, cups, napkins, invitations, etc)? Cake, caterpillar fruit kebabs, decorations, VHC colors for plates, etc., guest book

4. What favors (if any) did you have? none

5. Where did you get all your party supplies? Target, online, Hobby Lobby, Crayola

6. How much did you spend total on everything? Don't remember, prob $500 or so

7. How many people did you invite, and how many showed up? We had about 30 ppl. There was only one friend of mine and her family who couldn't make it.

8. If you invited more than say, 30 people, why did you invite so many? N/A

9. Any great gifts that really stood out to you (if people brought your LO gifts)? MIL gave him a wagon. But, my favorite was actually the corn popper.

10. Anything else you'd like to add? Make sure to relax and have fun. All the planning is futile if you're stressed about a 1-year-old's party.

• Options
    imageChristyML:

This is sort of GTKY, sort of a help for me.

1. What was your child(ren)'s first birthday theme? Garden

2. Why did you choose that theme?  That's her nursery's theme

3. What things at the party matched your theme (food, plates, cups, napkins, invitations, etc)? All but the food.

4. What favors (if any) did you have?  I had jars of candy and little toys.  Kids got to decorate a little favor bag to fill the goodies in.  I also had a sticker on each bag as a favor tag.  At each table I had wooden pots and filled it with beans.  My cousin wrapped garden tape around pens and attached a flower on top.  I created a favor tag to wrap around it and stuck them in the pots as though they were real flowers.

5. Where did you get all your party supplies?  Diddams, Party City, random websites that had good deals.

6. How much did you spend total on everything? A couple thousand (mainly because I made the mistake of having DH ordering most of the food and he over-ordered big time.)

7. How many people did you invite, and how many showed up? Approx. 100 and 80 showed.

8. If you invited more than say, 30 people, why did you invite so many?  DH has a big family that live locally and some that would drive 2 hours for the day.  He's very close to them.

9. Any great gifts that really stood out to you (if people brought your LO gifts)?  Not that I can remember.

10. Anything else you'd like to add? We had a face painter and she was a hit.  We had it at a farm park where they have an animal section so the kids got to see pigs, chickens, etc.  We also booked the picnic areas that were right in front of the playground so it made for easy entertainment.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS is 8 months old but I have already started buying. :) We are on a budget and buying a little with each check.

1. What was your child(ren)'s first birthday theme?

Little Monsters

2. Why did you choose that theme?

It is so cute and I saw a girl on youtube do little monsters for her sons party and loved all the neat ideas!

So far, invitations, banner, party favors, games/activities, table decorations. Plans for the napkins, cups, and plates to coordinate. And the food/cake will all be monster themed.

So far bubbles, jars with candy (I am making baby food jars into little monsters), little beach balls, little monster pop ups, and little monster rubber duckies.

5. Where did you get all your party supplies?

Oriental Trading (online), Etsy, Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree

6. How much did you spend total on everything?

Budget is $300

7. How many people did you invite, and how many showed up?

Inviting about 30 people

8. If you invited more than say, 30 people, why did you invite so many?

We are inviting family and close friends. (some invitations will be sent to relatives out of town who will not be there but would hate to not get an invitation.)

9. Any great gifts that really stood out to you (if people brought your LO gifts)?

N/A

I am making a lot of the decorations with jars I have around the house and cleaning cloths from dollar tree to give my jars monster hair. I am also gluing on googly eyes I got from the Dollar Tree. Having a cute party doesn't mean it has to be crazy expensive. It does add up fast though. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"