Eco-Friendly Family
Options

GMO-free prenatal

HI,

I'm looking for a non-GMO prenatal vitamin.  I'm currently taking the Rainbow Light organics but my face is so itchy and breaking out in hives.  I've read some of the reviews with other women complaining about the same issue.

If you use an organic prenatal....even better!!!

THANKS, Erica

Re: GMO-free prenatal

• Options
    I am beginning to seriously question why we are so obsessed with pre-natal vitamins. I think there are a few vitamins you should be getting, but having a well-balanced diet should be key. You might want to do some reading on what sorts of vitamins and minerals are beneficial to a healthy pregnancy, of course Folic Acid would be a good supplement to take. 
  • Options

I do use the rainbow ligh organic,and I don't have problem with them,I also like the country life brand. They have three different kind of prenatal vitamin, I like the prenatal omega mom.they are very good too. 

Good luck. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

A healthy diet is all you need. Fermented Cod Liver Oil, has omega-3s, vitamins A, D, and K (plus lots of other good stuff). Kale and other leafy greens for folate (the natural state of folic acid), liver from grass-fed cows, for iron, potassium, zinc, vitamin B (especially B12). Lots of dairy from grassfed cows for calcium and good source of saturated fats. Pastured eggs, for vitamin A, E and omega 3s, lots of fruit and veggies...I could go on.

Point is, if you eat this way, in a nourishing way, you don't need prenatal vitamins. Prenatal vitamins are given to pregnant women (or those looking to conceive) due to our diets lacking nutrients. 

• Options
    imageSteph&Harry08:

A healthy diet is all you need. Fermented Cod Liver Oil, has omega-3s, vitamins A, D, and K (plus lots of other good stuff). Kale and other leafy greens for folate (the natural state of folic acid), liver from grass-fed cows, for iron, potassium, zinc, vitamin B (especially B12). Lots of dairy from grassfed cows for calcium and good source of saturated fats. Pastured eggs, for vitamin A, E and omega 3s, lots of fruit and veggies...I could go on.

Point is, if you eat this way, in a nourishing way, you don't need prenatal vitamins. Prenatal vitamins are given to pregnant women (or those looking to conceive) due to our diets lacking nutrients. 

ooh! I'm very surprise by this,and I know the you are studying nursing. Eating healthy and organic is not enough for getting all the vitamins that woman's need while they are pregnant and while they are breast feeding.the importans of the vitamin are way beyond than what you think.they will help to to have a healthy pregnancy, to control your weigh,and the most important for you dont get postpartum depression and lost a lot of bloos while you are delivering as well losing to much calcium while you are feeding your baby.

• Options
    imagezaraceligon:
    imageSteph&Harry08:

ooh! I'm very surprise by this,and I know the you are studying nursing. Eating healthy and organic is not enough for getting all the vitamins that woman's need while they are pregnant and while they are breast feeding.the importans of the vitamin are way beyond than what you think.they will help to to have a healthy pregnancy, to control your weigh,and the most important for you dont get postpartum depression and lost a lot of bloos while you are delivering as well losing to much calcium while you are feeding your baby.

I am not surprised that you are surprised by this. Unfortunately many believe what you believe. These are not mainstream believes. In fact food in all you need, the RIGHT kind of foods, and in the quantities necessary (which is actually different for every woman, yet we are all put under the same dose that come in synthetically manufactured prenatal vitamins).

The foods I listed don't even scratch the surface of what true healthy eating should be for a pregnant/nursing woman. There is more than what I listed here.

The problem with prenatal vitamins is that those vitamins and minerals are synthetic and the body doesn't absorb them well, thus needing them in their natural form: food.

I highly suggest you read this articles to further learn on the subject. Hope that helps! 

https://holisticsquid.com/the-outlandish-alternative-to-prenatal-vitamins/

https://thankyourbody.com/folate-vs-folic-acid-for-pregnancy/

• Options
    imageSteph&Harry08:
    imagezaraceligon:
    imageSteph&Harry08:

I am not surprised that you are surprised by this. Unfortunately many believe what you believe. These are not mainstream believes. In fact food in all you need, the RIGHT kind of foods, and in the quantities necessary (which is actually different for every woman, yet we are all put under the same dose that come in synthetically manufactured prenatal vitamins).

The foods I listed don't even scratch the surface of what true healthy eating should be for a pregnant/nursing woman. There is more than what I listed here.

The problem with prenatal vitamins is that those vitamins and minerals are synthetic and the body doesn't absorb them well, thus needing them in their natural form: food.

I highly suggest you read this articles to further learn on the subject. Hope that helps! 

https://holisticsquid.com/the-outlandish-alternative-to-prenatal-vitamins/

https://thankyourbody.com/folate-vs-folic-acid-for-pregnancy/

thank you for the info,very interesting. 

• Options
    I take Vitamin Code Raw Prenatals. I thin they are GMO free.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    imageSteph&Harry08:

That's all well and good but during 1st trimester, a lot of women have food aversions and can't tolerate much. I survived on mac & cheese and cereal because it was all I could eat without gagging. I needed the vitamins. 

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"