Eco-Friendly Family

Recommendations for nursery

Hi everyone. I'm new to this board and expecting the LO in November. I'm trying to purchase all eco-friendly items but I'm stuck on where I should get a crib/mattress set for the nursery. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Any brand/price/color/etc. would do at the moment, no specifics are necessary! 

Re: Recommendations for nursery

• We got the organic Naturepedic brand for both our mattress and changing pad. You can get the mattress from both Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby (at least online), and I found the changing pad on Amazon. 

Jasper 

• I got a wool core with organic cotton mattress for my toddler. It was pricey, but I swear his mattress is way more comfortable than ours. I think it came to about $500, plus we got the wool mattress soaker pad which was $99. Can't wait to buy myself an organic mattress for myself!

As for a crib - there was a really awesome guy I ran across on Etsy who does natural cribs and baby play gyms and whatnot. He will do special orders, so if you want an interesting looking, one of a kind crib, it would be worthwhile to check out! I would love to have him do one for my ocean themed nursery. 

• Loading the player...
  • We also got the Naturepedic mattress and changing pad. For cost effectiveness, we went with the Ikea unfinished wood crib and painted it with Ecos Lullaby organic paint.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Naturepedics brand
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Natart Juvenile cribs are greenguard certified and made in Canada with real wood.  They sell them in the US.  Check them out.  Really nice cribs.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"