December 2012 Moms
Options

Babywearers

I was wondering, which carriers do people like?  There's so many out there.  I'm looking for a buckle carrier.  Anyway, I've heard good things about the Ergo, Boba, and Beca.  

What's the most comfortable? How does it feel with the baby as he/she gets bigger?  How is it with the heat of the summer?

Thanks! :) 

Re: Babywearers

• Options
    Love my Beco Gemini. Way too hot in South Florida for it now. 

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have an ergo performance. I think it is incredibly comfortable and easy to use but DD is not a huge fan of it yet. I think she feels a little too restricted facing in. However, she has done pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen her do while I was wearing it. She pushes back, leans her head back and looks up at my face and smiles at me like she thinks I'm the best mommy in the world. I guess I become more interesting when she can't see everything else as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CellisCellis member

imageJessAnnJ:
    We have an ergo performance. I think it is incredibly comfortable and easy to use but DD is not a huge fan of it yet. I think she feels a little too restricted facing in. However, she has done pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen her do while I was wearing it. She pushes back, leans her head back and looks up at my face and smiles at me like she thinks I'm the best mommy in the world. I guess I become more interesting when she can't see everything else as well.

That is so sweet! You have a gorgeous little girl.

We have the Ergo as well and DS doesn't like facing in as much, but when he's sleepy he's fine in it because he just passes out. It's comfortable for both of us, though it is getting a little hot to baby wear now that summer is here. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I have a Chimparoo buckle carrier. Similar to Ergo but with an internal harness for newborns (I think a Beco one does that too). It's great for support, but a bit warm on the hot days because its thick black cotton. I think the Ergo performance would be better for warm climates. We only get about 6 weeks of tshirt/shorts weather here. I use my hotslings pouch sling a lot now with the hip carry. The light cotton is cool, and its easy to fold up into my diaper bag. For long stretches I go to the buckle carrier though because I don't feel her weight at all.
  • Options
    I have an Ergo for DH and for me I have a Kinderpack. I love my Kinderpack, it's awesome. I can adjust it so it fits like a glove, the patterns are adorable, and it's made really well. I am also looking into getting a Action Baby Carrier for when we need to move to the Toddler size though. I also have a Mei Tei, ring sling, and woven wrap.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Love my ergo, but in NC it's too warm/humid to wear it now unless we walk in the early mornings.  I think I'd feel that way about any carrier though.  I'm hot natured, and having DD's body heat against me would make me even warmer no matter what.
  • Options

I love the Ergo. I don't really know how I survived having 2u2 w/o it! 

I also have the Bjorn Air for when we go places like MLS games, or the beach, since she can face out. I know there is a lot of negative press w/the Bjorn, but we use it sporadically and it comes in handy w/the mesh in the heat.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    •  I have the Boba. It's surprisingly really comfy & a plus is that I'm heavier & DH isn't & we can both wear it. E is super content in it. Also, I have a history of back & neck issues & it doesn't bother me.
      8 month cutie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    • Options
      JJ_13JJ_13 member
      I have beco gemini and an ergo. I prefer the beco, but like the ergo fine. It's hot here, so I use it mostly for indoor stuff (shopping, etc). I could probably wear her early in the morning for a shaded walk.
    • Options

I have had/used the Ergo Sport, Ergo Organic, Beco Gemini, BabyHawk Mei Tai, Toddler Kinderpack, Moby, and a variety of cotton and cotton/linen blend woven wraps in various sizes.

My favorite carriers are the Ergos, the Kinderpack for my toddler (the Ergo is pretty small and my oldest had outgrown it by 18 months or so...and not outgrown by weight, but by height/size...meaning, in a pinch we can still use it - just did yesterday - but it's not comfortable for a long time - doesn't go knee to knee), and woven wraps.  Woven wraps are the most versatile carriers.

If I were just starting out though, and really worried about heat, I would look into getting a standard size kinderpack with a mesh back (our toddler KP has a mesh back).  Although, we did great in the summer heat with the Ergo Sport with our first.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    • Options
      ObLaDiObLaDi member
      I love my Ergo but haven't tried anything else besides the Moby in the NB period.

I hate carrying him for any amount of time without it! It really does make things so much more comfortable.

I need to start practicing my back carry.
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "