Philadelphia Babies

diapers

hi all, in anticipation of baby, what brand of disposable diapers is the best and what size should we get?

Re: diapers

• For newborns I really like the Pampers Swaddlers because they have a line on them that turns colors when its wet. Like PP said, Id only buy one box first.

After newborn sizes, I use Seventh Generation which are a little more earth friendly and use fewer dyes, chemicals, and perfumes as compared to other disposables.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We are starting out with a few diaper dabbler packs.  It gives you a sampling of mainstream diapers, ecofriendly diapers and Costco/bulk store brands Ina single sample pack so you can figure out which ones you like the best before stocking up on any one kind.

I think you link is diaperdabbler.com.  Sorry for the no clicky. On mobile and feeling lazy.

• You'll have to try them out and see what you like. For us we love Huggies but hey can get expensive ! Our son is almost 10 months now and we've been using Luvs much cheaper and they work great ! I usually get them at BJ's they most of the time have store coupons and then you can use manufacturers coupons as well ! Congrats and good luck !! :
  • you should check out cotton booty. They give you a sampling of all the diapers.

We liked them alot. www.https://milk-and-honey-kids.myshopify.com/pages/cotton-booty-get-a-box

• I've been through so many different types of diapers that I think it depends on the baby.  With my son (5 years old) was born, we tried target brand and found that they leaked.  We went to huggies and they didn't quite fit him right.  We went to Pampers and the new formula for dry diapers gave him a rash.  We went to Luvs and were very happy.  When my daughter came along, we went right to Luvs because we were used to it.  Then we noticed that as nice as Luvs smell coming out of the box (I LOVE THAT SMELL) they do NOT hold in the smell of my daughter's urine no matter how little she peed.  So in the interest of saving money, we decided to try Target brand diapers and we love them.  They fit her perfectly, she never leaks and we have no worries with odors.  We've used them for almost 2 years.
  • thanks everyone!  we wound up getting a bunch of small boxes of different brands but have pretty much decided to get whatever they carry at BJ's because you can triple up on the coupons etc. so much cheaper than regular stores.
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    peanut2b said:
    I've been through so many different types of diapers that I think it depends on the baby.  With my son (5 years old) was born, we tried target brand and found that they leaked.  We went to huggies and they didn't quite fit him right.  We went to Pampers and the new formula for dry diapers gave him a rash.  We went to Luvs and were very happy.  When my daughter came along, we went right to Luvs because we were used to it.  Then we noticed that as nice as Luvs smell coming out of the box (I LOVE THAT SMELL) they do NOT hold in the smell of my daughter's urine no matter how little she peed.  So in the interest of saving money, we decided to try Target brand diapers and we love them.  They fit her perfectly, she never leaks and we have no worries with odors.  We've used them for almost 2 years.
    A few people I know had the same problem with Pampers. Many hospitals use Pampers. I worked at a day care and learned that it really depends on the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"