Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

waking up from naps?

Do you have to wake your kid up from naps or do you let him/her wake on his own? 

I wake mine up after 2 hours, but I realize that might be unusual.  He's 22 months, if that matters, and sleeps 8pm till 6ish in the morning and then again 1 to 3.  Is that standard? 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: waking up from naps?

• I don't ever wake him, unless we have to leave the house. He takes over two hour naps frequently, usually about 2 and a half.

He goes down for the night around 8 to 9 and sleeps to about 8 the next morning. Naps are usually 12 to 2 30.

• I don't wake her unless we have to go somewhere.  Her naps are all over the place, anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • I never wake the sleeping baby.

I had a kid who was a great night sleeper from birth but she was over 1 before she'd take more than a half hour nap consistently.

Now at 2 her naps are like 2-3 hours. Up at 8ish, bed at 9ish.

I know it's longer than the "standard" but she runs and plays outside a good share of the day so I'm assuming she's tired. We're all happy so whatever.

• Naps? What are those? LOL. Cortlan will still usually only nap for 30-45 minutes at a time. On a rare occasion, she will nap for 1-1.5 hours but that is VERY rarely. So, no. I do not wake her. If we have somewhere to be, I will be late before I wake that child who never sleeps. LOL. That said, she's an awesome night time sleeper so I'm happy with that. 
  • My dd is the same age sleeps 830p-830p and takes a nap from 2-330. It just depends how many hours of sleep they need in a 24hr period
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"