3rd Trimester
Options

numbness and achiness in hands and feet

I'm 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I woke up this morning just miserable... My legs just ache and my feet and hands tingle. ..I just feel down right miserable I'm trying to drink a ton of water to stay hydrated. .. anyone have any suggestions to help with my achiness?

Re: numbness and achiness in hands and feet

• Options

imagejels4u:
    I'm 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I woke up this morning just miserable... My legs just ache and my feet and hands tingle. ..I just feel down right miserable I'm trying to drink a ton of water to stay hydrated. .. anyone have any suggestions to help with my achiness?

Call your doctor. 

image image

• Options
    mhaidmhaid member

Tingling in the hands could be pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. I've had it since about week 34. Only suggestion I have is to go to a drug store and get carpal tunnel braces for one or both hands. Even just wearing them at night seems to help me a bunch. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep. The numb hands are pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. The wrist braces are the only thing that helps. Wear them especially at night, my doctor suggested, because we tend to clench and curl out hands towards us when we sleep which makes it worse. For me my middle fingers are the worst. Feels like I stuck my hands in buckets of ice.   

Tingling feet--I don't know about. Could be something similar, especially if they're swollen. Definitely bring this all up with your doctor just to be safe. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I have been experiencing this as well.  My doctor said just to take Tylenol if it bothers me (which for the most part it doesn't), just a minor bother.  I would definitely talk to your doctor though...good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The tingling feet also sounds like a result of the swelling.
    image   image
  • Options
    Yup this is the swelling :( I've had it since about 30-32 weeks severely in both hands and feet.  My hands are numb, the braces didn't work for me, but give them a shot and it moved to my feet.  I just try to drink water, stay cool and keep the swelling down.  My dr. said it should go away within 2 weeks of delivery.
  • Options
    Personally if I experienced these symptoms I would call my dr.
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"