Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Hyperventilating during sleep training?

DD experienced her first night of sleep training last night (Ferber but I pick her up).  It worked, but I'm concerned it might be too stressful for her.  She got so upset that she was hyperventilating and sounded like she was having troubles breathing b/c of it.  I know some babies throw up during sleep training, but wasn't sure if this hyperventilating is normal...it scared me and obviously i want to put her well being first. I'm doing this sleep training because I believe(d) it would be in her best interest since she relies on rocking/bouncing/swaying to go to sleep
So, is this somewhat normal for sleep training or no? Anyone have experience with this??

Re: Hyperventilating during sleep training?

• Options
    BBS!BBS! member
    I think it's normal and as long as you are consistent it will get easier. Took us about 3 days before he got it
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    imageLimaD:

DD experienced her first night of sleep training last night (Ferber but I pick her up).  It worked, but I'm concerned it might be too stressful for her.  She got so upset that she was hyperventilating and sounded like she was having troubles breathing b/c of it.  I know some babies throw up during sleep training, but wasn't sure if this hyperventilating is normal...it scared me and obviously i want to put her well being first. I'm doing this sleep training because I believe(d) it would be in her best interest since she relies on rocking/bouncing/swaying to go to sleep
    So, is this somewhat normal for sleep training or no? Anyone have experience with this??

Well, maybe I don't need to worry anymore.  Tonight she fell asleep only 2 minutes after the first (5 min) check

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah!! Good job mom!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"