June 2013 Moms
Options

Hudson Joseph's birth story

Short version: Hudson Joseph was born June 17th at 9:46pm at 8lbs 14oz. After a successful induction, 3 failed epidurals, 3 hours of pushing, a stuck baby, a spinal and a csection!!

Long version: Went to the hospital on Father's Day at 8:30pm to start the induction. I was 1cm 50 effaced when we got there. Did cytotec over night and was 3cm by morning. Pitocin started around 6am and My water was broken at 8am which really kicked up labor. I planned to go med free but when contractions got bad and I asked to move around I was told I couldn't get out of bed because the baby was stationed too high and they were worried about cord prolapse. Not being able to move around, I got an epidural around noon. By 1:30 I was complete, we thought for sure we would have a baby by happy hour! I labored down until about 3pm then began pushing. I pushed an hour and a half with an epi that was only working on one side which I didn't mind while pushing because I felt in control. Baby was facing the wrong way so we stopped pushing and tried to turn him naturally by laboring down and turning from side to side. Not being able to push with contractions was awful so they readministered the epi. We waited awhile and I started pushing again. After another hour and half of pushing, baby had not changed position at all and was stuck. At this point a csection was decided, I was worn out and my epi had completely failed and I could feel everything. I was told I had to wait until we got to the OR to get the epi again. Once in the OR they could not get the epidural to work at all and had to take it out and try a spinal. After about 15 pricks to my back they finally got the spinal to work. This immediately made me nauseas and they pushed a ton of nausea meds into me. I felt like I was suffocating from the spinal so they gave me something to calm me down. All the meds knocked me out. I barely remember my baby's first cry or meeting him for the first time. He was so stuck that they tore my uterus yanking him out which caused me to start bleeding out so my DH and baby had to leave. The bleeding was stopped and I finally got to go meet my LO around 11:30pm. He had a pretty bad bruise and laceration on his head from getting stuck in my pelvis. After a few days dealing with jaundice and the glow blanket we went home Friday, June 21st. Hudson is a great eater and sleeper and we are so in love!

Re: Hudson Joseph's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"