Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

XP: I'm indecisive... Help me choose!

We're flying on July 26th and we don't have a lightweight stroller for the airport.  We have the Chicco cortina stroller from our travel system that we really like and use all the time, but I don't think I want it in the airport.  I've found a few that might be good - looking for comments on these and suggestions on others if you ladies have them!**Side note: I'm 5'8", DH is 6'1" - so if you are tall and have advice, it would be  greatly appreciated... I keep reading comments on all these strollers about how they're terrible if you're tall!  1) Baby Jogger City Micro - I know the city mini is recommended by a lot of mamas, does anyone have the city micro?  As far as I can tell online, the only difference is that it doesn't lay flat and the umbrella is a bit smaller.  Neither are deal breakers in my opinion.2) Uppababy G-lite3) Ingelsina Swift - someone suggested this the last time I posted... seems to have decent reviews, but also a good number of comments about kicking the back wheels while you're walking...4) Chicco Capri5) Baby Cargo 100 Series6) Joovy GrooveAny others you all love??  I'm having trouble convincing DH that we should get this (especially since moving costs money, and he doesn't want to add it to our list of expenses in the next month).  But we will be traveling for over 8 hours (from the time we arrive at the airport, to the time we land at the last airport), and I'm not sure that my little busy body will want to be in the ergo for all that time... So if you like one of the above and it's over, say, $120, give me some reasons that I can tell DH that it's worth the money haha :)Thanks ladies!! 

Re: XP: I'm indecisive... Help me choose!

• Options
    If its cheap and lightweight you want and LO is still in an infant carrier you could get the Graco Snap and Go.  It's basically the frame of a stroller with a basket and stroller handles.  Sales rep showed us that MOST infant carriers fit into it, he just suggested you bring it in the store and try it for safety's sake.   MH and I are as tall as you and we don't have a problem.  (This doesn't bother MH but I'm picky) Compared to your travel system stroller this one doesn't handle has smoothly, but for what you want at an airport it would work.
  • Options

imageStillharbor:
    If its cheap and lightweight you want and LO is still in an infant carrier you could get the Graco Snap and Go.  It's basically the frame of a stroller with a basket and stroller handles.  Sales rep showed us that MOST infant carriers fit into it, he just suggested you bring it in the store and try it for safety's sake.   MH and I are as tall as you and we don't have a problem.  (This doesn't bother MH but I'm picky) Compared to your travel system stroller this one doesn't handle has smoothly, but for what you want at an airport it would work.

She does still fit in the carrier, but we aren't using it anymore - both of our cars have convertibles now.  And she's riding in my lap on the plane, not in her own seat.  So I don't want to carry the seat through the airport.  Plus, she hates being reclined so I'm worried she would cry the whole time if I tried to put her in it! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Joovy Kooper. I think it was replaced by the groove. I love it though.It's like the city mini had sex with an umbrella stroller . It stars really well too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    I guess I'm confused why you wouldn't just use the Chicco stroller in the airport. I have several times without a problem. It doesn't fit on the belt to go through the xray machine, but they just wand check it. I prefer it any day over my umbrella stroller b/c my Chicco umbrella doesn't recline and the sun shade is much smaller as well. 
    imageimage
  • Options

imageLSU628:
    I guess I'm confused why you wouldn't just use the Chicco stroller in the airport. I have several times without a problem. It doesn't fit on the belt to go through the xray machine, but they just wand check it. I prefer it any day over my umbrella stroller b/c my Chicco umbrella doesn't recline and the sun shade is much smaller as well. 

I just feel like it's to big/bulky... I'm flying with my MIL, not with DH, so I'll be the one having to do all the maneuvering and lifting.  Plus, it takes up tons of room in the trunk, and when we get to the airport at our final destination, we'll have a car to drive (not a truck or van)... So a huge stroller plus our checked bag and all our carry-on's - not good.  We would also like a smaller stroller to keep in our truck for quick errands, so I'm not making a purchase *just* for the airport. 

• Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    Gotcha. Well, as much as I like the Chicco travel system stroller, I'm not a fan of the umbrella version. Like I mentioned, there isn't much shade or storage- I hate not having a cup holder for me or my LO. It is easy to use when we are in the city, but if my DD fell asleep, her head would hang at an awkward angle since it doesn't recline.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have the city micro and I love it. It folds up small and is easy to fold and unfold. And I just got mine last year and the seat does recline flat and the umbrella is just as big as the city mini. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"