November 2013 Moms
Options

AS Update

I went for my A/S on Friday. Seeing baby was so amazing, I hadn't seen baby since 10 weeks so DH & I were very excited. I had no idea how in depth they could get with the sonograms, they checked all of LOs organs & bones and thankfully everything is just perfect! I teared up a bit during it. At one point LO had their arm behind their head and the tech needed to see it so she pushed on my stomach and LO went crazy, DH was like "WHOOOO THE BABY MOVED!" lol Alsoooooo it's a GIRL, her name is Marlena!!!! DH is very thrilled as am I. She likes to sleep just like me, hands above her head and on her face. Eeee it was so cute, I got a ton of pictures and neither of us can stop looking at them. 

I do have a question though. DH & I both believe the tech said she was 10 inches long and last night I read the average length for a fetus at 20 weeks is 6.5... anyone else have longer babies? Or did I miss hear her? I think I'm going to call on Monday, just cause I'm curious. 

BLAD reppin'

Re: AS Update

• Options
    imageamberrrjade:

I do have a question though. DH & I both believe the tech said she was 10 inches long and last night I read the average length for a fetus at 20 weeks is 6.5... anyone else have longer babies? Or did I miss hear her? I think I'm going to call on Monday, just cause I'm curious. 

head to rump is 6.5 inches- your LO's over all lenght is probably 10 inch.

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• Options
    Could she have said 10 oz? That's how much my baby was at my a/s... According to the bump the babes are around 6.5 inches at 20 weeks.... Big it still is a rough estimate so who knows! Congrats on your little girl!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelbethke99:
    imageamberrrjade:

This. After 20 weeks they begin measuring the full length. Congrats on a baby girl!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagelbethke99:
    imageamberrrjade:

Oh that makes sense! 

BLAD reppin'

• Options
    dnt27dnt27 member
    Congrats on your perfect baby girl!
    Teagan Grace born 12.07.13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January siggy challenge
  • Options
    I'm so glad your scan went well!! Marlena is a beautiful name too :)
  • Options
    Congrats and cute name
  • Options
    Yay! Congratulations! :)
  • Options
    I actually asked this at my appointment when they said my baby was ovER the estimate. She said the averages are usually so low that if they really were that small there would be cause for concern. So "big" on the averages is really normal, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the support! :)
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    Congratulations! Welcome to team pink!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jmo30Jmo30 member

Ours was 10" long and 14oz. Sounds normal. 

• Options
    Aahhhh congrats! I'm glad you had a great scan 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"