Cloth Diapering
Options

PW alert: H2O testing ?

Have you ever used the little water hardness testing strips that use a color change to determine hardness? Do you think they're accurate? I got one with my last diaper order and was surprised to see that it indicated our water was pretty hard we don't use a softener and don't really have any scale buildup anywhere.
Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: PW alert: H2O testing ?

• Options
    Waiting on my strips now. The local CD shop swears by them and the owner will send them to anyone who is having stink issues to help them decide if changing detergent is the answer or if the water is the problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, I've tested ours for a NCDR reason and found them to be pretty spot-on.

Also, FWIW, most people have hard water unless you have a water softener or a great municipal provider.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good to know, thanks. We're in a newish house and our water here is SO much better than our other one that I just assumed it was softish.
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

When we moved, I didn't even think to test the water until we were having serious issues with our microfiber and bath towels. I used one of the water strip tests that Rockin Green sells and it turns out we have crazy hard water. Fun!

Good luck!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"