Multiples

Mo/di MoMs

Hi! I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow. I'm on sbr for PTL, and girls are being followed for possible TTTS. They've been stable so far. 

My question is what initial goal did your OB or Perinatologist give you for delivery? When did you actually deliver? 

I know it's based on many factors from the maternal stand point, as well as the fetal side. Just curious. TIA! 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Mo/di MoMs

• We have had our fair share of complication this entire pregnancy. At first we were diagnosed with TTTS stage 1; the girls held steady there. Then at 30 weeks their fluids equaled out but their sizes were still 50% different and our little one has been under the 5% for weight. So they are suspecting SIUGR.

Anyway, our perinatologist told us for uncomplicated Mo/di twins she recommends 36 weeks as the longest. But with the complications we are having she doesn't want us to go past 34. We are actually going to be induced at 34+3 if we make it that far.

I hope that helps.

my blog - www.fitformotherhood.com

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was told yesterday that they'd like to induce me at 36w.  FX I can make it :)

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had fetal surgery for ttts at 20 wks. the surgeon just wanted me to get past 28 weeks. i made it to 35w 6d. i would have probably made it at least a few days longer if i hadn't gotten pre e.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Goal 36 to 37 weeks. Actual 36 weeks 1 day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The goal was 38 weeks. They were born at 35w4d for pre-e. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 21C
  • Honestly, we never really discussed a goal, we just took it a week at a time. At 36 w the MFM decided to induce at 37w due to small size of twin B and some early pree signs in me. Boys were born 37w 1d.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • SWA80SWA80 member
    Our goal was to be between 36 and 37 weeks but it is highly unlikely that we'll make it to that point due to SIUGR and inconsistent cord flow. Now we're just taking it a week at a time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our MFM wanted to deliver our mo/di boys at no later than 37 weeks. We made it through with no TTTS and I went into spontaneous labor at 34w 1d and delivered that night. My boys are going home today after 9 days in the nicu. Good luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My mfm said delivery by 34 weeks due to our complications and we hoped to get to at least 32 weeks but we're lucky to make it to 28 weeks.
  • thanks for the insight!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My OB never really gave me a goal but my personal goal was to make it to 37 weeks (OB agreed somewhere in between 37-38). I only made it till 34w4d because I developed Pre-E with HELLP syndrome so my girls weren't thriving inside anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"