Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

12 month old sleep concerns

LO has some ongoing sleep issues.

How do we wean him out of the sleep sack? It's the kind where he kind of goes in a zippered bag where his arms are free to roam. To him it signifies sleep time... It's not that bad of a habit but it has to end sometime. Phase out naps first?

For the last several nights LO has been waking up early in the morn, like at 4am. We aren't sure why... Teething, gas, growth spurt?

He also goes down to sleep (nap and nighttime) in a variety different ways.... Sometimes he falls sleep in your arms, or by himself, or by putting your hand on his chest or back, or even DH staring him down until he went to bed. The length of time until he shuts also varies from 2 seconds to 2 minutes. Any thoughts on how to make things more consistent?

Overall, we would greatly appreciate any input on any of these questions... It has been a rough few weeks. Thank you so much!

Re: 12 month old sleep concerns

• Options

Halo make a sleep sack with an opening for their feet so they can walk while in their sack.  Maybe transition to one of those and then to just footed sleepers or whatever type of pajamas you plan to use.  When we stopped using the sleep sack we just went straight to footed sleepers and had no issue.

https://www.amazon.com/SleepSack-Micro-Fleece-Wearable-Blanket-X-Large/dp/B000W8RRPG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1372549859&sr=8-6&keywords=halo+sleepsack+big+kids

I am by no means a sleep expert, but IMO if he's going down without a fight, it doesn't matter how he gets there. Mine will sometimes nurse to sleep, go to sleep within minutes of going in their crib, or play for 30 minutes before finally laying down. 

Mine still both wake one time each night, so I have no advice for you there.  I hope that whatever seems to be bothering him is over with soon. 

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"