Multiples

Twin belly...

Hello ladies,

I'm 32w pregnant with boy/girl twins. I have a bicornuate uterus. I've noticed that my lower belly is literally hanging. When I sit I can feel the fat resting on the couch or my lap. Is that how a pregnant belly of bicornuate uterus with twins looks like? It really looks weird and creepy. I'm concerned the twins might not have enough room and I do not want them to be born early. Every time I look at my belly in the mirror I get scared. Would I be able to carry these angels full term?

FYI: The MFM OB said that my uterus isn't divided in two separate horns. It's a little different from a normal uterus, but I do have a bicornuate uterus. My belly's shape is more of a V than an O: round.

Re: Twin belly...

• I don't know anything about a bicornate uterus, but just wanted to say that a) if your MFM isn't concerned, try not to be yourself and b) you have NO control as to if they come early or not (something I have also struggled with).

Wishing you an easy and healthy end of your pregnancy. 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know anything about a bicornate uterus either, but just wanted to say that my belly is hanging that low, too. I can't sit with my legs together or on a chair or couch without my belly touching the bottom. Not sure what your situation is, but I worked from home and found that sitting on an exercise ball was much more comfortable that anything else.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies! May be I should try sitting on an exercise ball and see how it works.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"