Food Allergy
Options

breastfeeding and dairy question

How much milk protein would be in the breast milk after drinking a cup of coffee with Coffeemate creamer (has sodium caseinate)? 

Along the same lines, how vigilant do I have to be in avoiding dairy in my diet if LO is not super sensitive? I really want to be able to have an occasional serving of something that has a milk product in it (i.e a loaded baked potato or cookies).  Obviously if I have to choose between the milk containing food and nursing LO, I will continue to avoid the milk.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: breastfeeding and dairy question

• Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    Some babies tolerate dairy in baked goods better than in the raw forms. Like pp said, it's all in trial and error unfortunately.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Trial and error. But, personally I nixed dairy altogether. Just because you are not seeing outward signs that it is bothering them, does not mean it is not causing damage internally.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I build up a stash and when I have more than enough to satisfy a very hungry LO , I give myself a splurge day.  For that day, LO gets frozen BM and I pump and dump for 24 hours and enjoy my dairy day.
  • Options

imageStillharbor:
    I build up a stash and when I have more than enough to satisfy a very hungry LO , I give myself a splurge day.  For that day, LO gets frozen BM and I pump and dump for 24 hours and enjoy my dairy day.

i have done this as well and she can tolerate it well. Although it does take longer for the dairy to get out of your system, the majority of it is out within about 24 hours. Again it's trial and error as to if your LO can tolerate

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"