Multiples

PIP: They're fraternal, right?!?!

DH and I have thought that our girls are fraternal since they were born. We think they definitely look like sisters, but no chance are they ID. Every time I take them out though, someone INSISTS to me that my twins are ID. Today the pushy lady at Target (where else) told me I needed to get my "Mommy Eyes" checked, because she couldn't see a single difference. So, humor me please? They're totally fraternal, right?

imageimage" mce_src="image">

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: PIP: They're fraternal, right?!?!

• do you have one where they are making more similar expressions?

i can see a size difference between the two (girl on the right looks a bit bigger) but they also look quite similar, i vote hard to tell

• imagesomewhereincali:
    do you have one where they are making more similar expressions?i can see a size difference between the two girl on the right looks a bit bigger but they also look quite similar, i vote hard to tell

I will have to look to see what I have on my desktop!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It's hard to tell because they're making different expressions. Take a look a their features individually, not as a whole. Do their noses look the same? Their eyes? Their lips? Chins? Ears? That will help you figure it out. Things like head shape and size can throw you off when they're not necessarily genetic.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • imageimage" mce_src="image">

This is as close as I can get to a similar expression. They aren't exactly willing subjects these days! (How DO you get all three of your boys to look in the same direction at the same time Pea Kay?)

• IMO they do look different - not much though!

Aren't Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen fraternal twins? Close but no cigar!  

********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • My vote is frat! I do think they look similar, but their hair type and length looks different.

• images0ulchicken:

imageimage" mce_src="image">

This is as close as I can get to a similar expression. They aren't exactly willing subjects these days! (How DO you get all three of your boys to look in the same direction at the same time Pea Kay?)

Either I yell "POOP!" or I merge three photos together. My sig pic is three separate pictures. :)

• And I'm going to go with fraternal. Not necessarily because of their hair, but it looks like their ears are different shapes? And maybe their noses? Hard to tell. They're absolutely adorable, whatever their zygosity is! It might be easier to tell when they're older.

• Thank you ladies! I KNOW my girls are frat, and I also know that most of the creepers in Target don't know what they're talking about, but that woman really had me going!

• I say fraternal.  Even to this day I get people insisting on my boys being ID when they have hats on- which is so funny to me.  They have always looked so different to me.
  • I'd vote frat. They are so, so cute! Your pics kind of make me miss that stage :).

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • I vote fraternal! Though I think my girls are fraternal and only one person on TB agrees haha. We're getting them tested.

Btw: cute cute CUTE!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepeakay:
    And I'm going to go with fraternal. Not necessarily because of their hair, but it looks like their ears are different shapes? And maybe their noses? Hard to tell. They're absolutely adorable, whatever their zygosity is! It might be easier to tell when they're older.

Next time someone gives me mess about it, I am going to calmly tell them that "PeaKay says fraternal. And what PeaKay says, goes."

• I say fraternal and completely adorable. My boys look SO different and people always ask if they are ID. My grandmother can't even tell them apart, but I struggle to see any similarities. So crazy.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• My girls are clearly fraternal and yet every time I go out someone insists they are identical. Every time. 

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• They don't look ID to me.  And what a b!tch that lady was! 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mirnbmirnb member
    Look frat to me! I get it all the time too.....I had one lady insisting so much that she wanted to know how many placentas there were...back off lady!
  • I vote frat as well. But I do think they are more similar looking than a lot of the frat twins I know so I can see how random strangers would say ID

As for the Olsen twins, in convinced they are ID. I think their parents were just told they are frat, probably because they were Didi and they didn't have the bump to tell them they have a 1 in 9 chance of being id anyway
  • They are similar but not ID. 

I get people telling me mine are ID. They have different face shapes, different eye color and different hair color/types. LOL 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd guess fraternal. They are adorable!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'd guess fraternal as well. Mine look fairly different for identicals s but when I look at their features, they are the same. I never tested since they were mo/di.
  • I'm looking at their ears and seeing fraternal. 
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I say fraternal because of their ears and maybe their noses. It seems like maybe the twin on the left has a little bit darker hair also, and her browline looks different too. Huge cuties, either way!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thank you! I am certain that they are frat also, and I usually just shrug off the Id comments, but this lady really had me doubting myself!! Thanks for reassuring me that I am not crazy!

• Personally...I see fraternal.  Their face shapes are a bit different.

People are extremely pushy.  I get told all the time that mine look extremely similar when they are complete opposites.  DS is olive skin, dark hair, brown eyes.  DD is fair skin, light hair and bright blue eyes.  They don't even have similar faces.  I have no idea why people say what they do.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • I say fraternal! People definitely just spew things off. My girls definitely look more similar then my boys ever did, but they are clearly fraternal. I have so many people insisting they are identical. They look nothing alike! And one day when I figure out a siggy pic (help!!), you can see for yourself! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I say fraternal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"