July 2012 Moms
Options

Cobb county GA ?

So long story short the job in NC fell thru. I'm majorly bummed but have been asked to interview for a job in Cobb county ga. So my GA bumpies what do you know about Cobb county? I was really drawn to NC bc of the weather and I liked the idea of being close to Raleigh. TIA!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cobb county GA ?

• Options
    I lived in Cobb for 10 years.  I Loved it!!!  What part are you looking at?  Cobb is pretty big.
    image image 

• Options
    Haven't been told what part. Can you share some reasons why you love it?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was in Kennesaw.  It's so close to everything - shops, parks, restaurants, etc.  There is a VERY low crime rate in Kennesaw due to the fact that it's a law for each homeowner to own a gun.  I'm not sure what your views are on that issue but I liked it and we do own several guns.  The schools there are fantastic!  Although I haven't experienced any schools/day cares my self, I have many friends who have been through the system and are pleased with it.  Kennesaw is about 30 minutes from downtown Atlanta.  Kennesaw/Acworth are the only two cities that I know a great deal about in Cobb.  Marietta is a great city, too.  Much like Kenensaw or Acworth.  We moved back to my hometown once LO was born so I wouldn't have to go to work.  I LOVE being a SAHM, but I really, really miss living there.  We live about an hour away from Kennesaw now.
    image image 

• Options
    Monk I have a phone interview with a private practice in Durham Cary on Monday so we may still end up in NC.

Thanks for the input about GA. Now if it were you would you chose NC or GA?

• Options
    I grew up in south Cobb and currently live in northwest Cobb, Kennesaw.
    As long as it's northwest, or northeast Cobb, you're good, nice housing, good food, great shopping, nice schools, etc. But south Cobb is closer to the city and gets a little seedy.
    Cherokee county is right next door and certain parts are nice as well, Acworth and Towne Lake, and you could live there, work in Cobb.
    Traffic generally sucks EVERYWHERE though.
    Feel free to PM me if you have more questions, like I said, I'm a life long Cobber!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"