April 2013 Moms
Options

Reflux/transition to crib

I'm new here but my son was born April 12 and I've read some of the posts here and would love some advice...

My son sleeps in the Rock N Play now. His first couple of weeks he was in the Pack N Play before we realized he had mild reflux and the doc suggested keeping him elevated. (I say it's mild because compared to other stories I've read, I feel fortunate, but it's still a challenge...)

For us, I believe it's time for him to move to his room plus in the Rock N Play by the morning he's scooted down so far in the Rock N Play that his head is down lower and his feet are up higher - it just doesn't look comfortable! (or good for him)

I know I can elevate the crib mattress simply by placing a pillow under the mattress, but I'm really concerned that he'll slide down, especially since he manages to move in the Rock n Play...

Anyone else have a reflux baby in the crib yet? Any advice for how my son can safely sleep in there?

Thanks in advance!! 

Re: Reflux/transition to crib

• Options
    DS has relfux and has slept in his crib with the mattress elevated since he was around 8 weeks. He does slide down to the other end in the middle of the night. I have no idea at what point he wiggles down there but when I go in to get him to eat he is always down at the other end. They sell inclines for the crib that you strap them into to keep them inclined, but it didn't seem worth it to me.
  • Options
    I am on my second reflux baby and have found no solution to this. They do roll to the bottom and end up flat, especially as they get older. My first had severe reflux and slept in a bouncy seat until she was 5 months and Molly is currently sleeping in her RNP. If you elevate the crib just slightly they don't roll, but both of my girls have needed to be pretty elevated.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My refluxy baby has been in her crib (flat) for several weeks now. She's also on 1ml of Zantac twice a day (a relatively low dose) and is held upright for about 30 minutes after eating and before we put her down. She's been fine with it. If its a problem, I'd talk to your doctor about meds because you're right - they can't sleep in the RnP forever!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    He's taking a test nap in his elevated crib now lol! Thanks for the comments...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"