October 2012 Moms
Options

I'll Love You Forever

HAVE YOU GUYS READ THIS BOOK?????  ARE THEY F*CKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS?!?!?!??!?!

My Aunt gave this book to me and told me she knew I would only read it once because of the bond I have with my son and the bond I share with my father.  She was wrong.  I only made it halfway through and my husband had to take over.  Great story, but TORTUROUS!  Who the hell writes stories like that just to make us cry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'll Love You Forever

• Options

Someone who has made a ton of money off of it.

My mother loves this book. I bought her a copy for Mother's Day several years ago. 

• Options
    Oh, and another one that makes me cry is Yonder.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

right!!!!  this was a few weeks ago that I read it and I have not recovered, I swear.  I was telling a girl at work about the book this morning because we were talking about how sometimes you just want to take them out of their cribs when they're sleeping and snuggle them and I brought up the book.  And I literally have not stopped crying all day!  there's something about the loss of innocence of children....when I was a child and now that my baby is a child....and thinking about my parents passing away.  I can't function when I think about it. 

Don't get me wrong, it is a really beautiful story.  But jeez!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I literally read the title of your post and got a tear in my eye. Ugh. That damm book.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe this belongs in the OU thread, but the book doesn't make me cry. I was pg the first time I read it, and honestly I I thought it was strange. Now that the girls are here I get it. The words are sweet and true, but no tears. What's wrong with me??

• Options
    CC1017CC1017 member

I always loved this book, although I do know people who think it's creepy.

The book that gets me in tears now is "Wherever you are, my love will find you" by Nancy Tillman.  

"you are my angel, my darling, my star... and my love will find you, wherever you are" 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #1 DS born 10/16/12 at 39w6d
    BFP #2 DD lost 11/17/14 at 17w2d
  • Options

yeah, I had no clue. My MIL had bought it for DD1, and I read it to her once from beginning to end, and only once.  It's too sad and I cry too hard, and then DD1 gets upset that I'm upset - it's just not good! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have never heard of this book. Googling . . .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"