Blended Families
Options

My ex not taking DD on vacation with them

So I know that I personally don't give my kids options to go on a vacation with me, if we are going, you are going... So my ex can take my DD up to 2 weeks for vacation every summer, but never does.  His gf's family is having a reunion out of state and apparently they "asked" my dd if she wanted to go or not (DD is 11), my DD said no, that she didn't want to go.  So their vacation falls during the week, where my ex is supposed to have my DD on Wed night and Thursday day, so now I am supposed to have to find a babysitter to watch her because he is going on vacation?  Does that seem right?

I want to tell him that he will just have to take her. I asked him last week if he can switch a day with me because I have a work meeting and wouldn't be home until late, of course he said no because he was going to be golfing, and I had to cancel my meeting. 

Re: My ex not taking DD on vacation with them

• Options
    Tell him XY days are your court ordered time with DD. If you chose not to take her on those days because you want to go on vacation without her, you will need to find and pay for appropriate childcare as I will be working as planned.
  • Options
    Tell him to take her or he needs to pay for tr babysitter.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bebe11bebe11 member
    imagewendilea:

WTF?  Does Dink have a "how to" DVD out on how to be a crappy dad?

She should be going on vacation with him.  It's HIS parenting time - HE planned something during that time - HE needs to find a solution to it.

The party that pisses me off, is when I said "I will let you know" and he emails me back with a rude attitude. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"