Adoption
Options

Bulgaria?

My first lo was just born April 26th! We are in love and considering what our next step is, as far as children. My heart has always been for adoption, I think bc my best childhood friend was adopted! Anyways the great debate to try to conceive or adopt has begun! We are considering Bulgaria and realize it can be a lengthy process. If you don't mind anyone who has experience with Bulgaria I have a few questions:
1. How long did it take from start to finish?
2. What agency did you use and would you recommend them?
3. Would you choose Bulgaria if adopting again? Why?
4. What were the costs involved?
5. Age/gender/special need of child

Thanks for any information you have!
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bulgaria?

• Options
    We didn't adopt from Bulgaria but we considered it and inquired about it with our agency before choosing elsewhere. Here is information according to my agency for your questions:

1. Most wait times are about 2036 months. Can be shorter for special needs and/or sibling groups.
    2. You can PM me if you'd like my agencies name.
    3. N/a
    4. Costs: you can PM me and I can give you my agencies approximate break down. However most IA adoptions run about 35k60k
    5. It's rare to get a referral under 2, both sexes are available, there can be shorter waits for special needs. That could be severe special needs or minor correctable, but you'd have to inquire with an agency specifically to know for sure.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options
    We looked into adopting from Bulgaria, but we are pursuing an adoption from another country.

Here is the info we received: The wait time for a referral was quoted at four years for a child 12 to 24 months. Three years for a child 24 to 48 months, and two years for a child age 4 to 9 years. Choosing a special needs child would significantly shorten the time frame. Fees run around 32,000 to 35,000 with travel. If you want the agency's name, send me a pm.

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bes12bes12 member
    You both GPM! =)
  • Options
    bes12bes12 member
    Testing sig.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards