January 2014 Moms
Options

Hematoma Anyone?

I started spotting last week and went in for an US. Great news is the baby looked good...bad news is I have what they call a Subchronic Hematoma. From what they described, it's like a blood pocket that forms in the uterus. I'm on pelvic rest and hopefully it will go away on it's own by 18 weeks. It's a little unsettling to keep bleeding, esp after having a mc with my first pregnancy. Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat and could share their experience. Thanks gals!

TTC since 01/13-Uterine Septum Surgery 12/12- During Surgery found Mod-Severe Endo which had left adhesions and attacked a tube. Very blessed to have found all this before TTC!

Re: Hematoma Anyone?

• Options
    hkmrhkmr member
    I am experiencing the same thing, I have 3 large ones and I have experienced a full range of just spotting to full on gushing blood and clots.  It is scary, but everytime I've been checked after a bleed the baby has a super strong heartbeat, it even swam for us at the last ultrasound.  From what I've been told, there is nothing that we can do or not do that will stop or start the bleeding, we just have to wait for them to heal.  I'm not on official "rest" but I am getting paperwork filled out to allow medical telework so I don't have to commute until they're all gone.  What has been driving me crazy, though, (aside from all of the worry) is that this started around 5w for me, I'm almost 12 now, and I have been restricted from exercise that whole time, prior to pregnancy I worked out several times a week.  I wish you all the best, and here's to both of us having these healed and gone soon!
  • Options
    I have the same issue. I started bleeding at 8 weeks baby was perfectly fine and doctor said I had had a clot rupture. I went in for a follow up a few days later and another had formed. It can be difficult to have your routine change so much, especially when it starts feeling like the not moving is making it harder to move but from what I have read and understood from my doctor this sort of rest gives you the best chance for your body to absorb the clot and limit bleeding. I a, going in for another check today, 12 weeks, hoping the clot is finally gone. I'm sorry this happened it is really scary but apparently more common then I thought.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have one right now also. It is a little unsettling to say the least. I bled some last Thursday but it hasn't started up again thankfully. My doctor found mine about three weeks ago and I've been on pelvic rest (no sex) and told me to really take it easy ever since then. Also no lifting anything above 8 pounds.

Hope yours clears up soon. Take care of yourself! 

*********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am also going through the same thing.  I was at work and had this weird feeling in my lower abdomen that sort of felt like pressure, but it did not hurt...nor am I bleeding at all.  Anyways, I went to the ER and they ran all kind of tests and they finally did an ultrasound and found the subchorionic hemorrhage.  They then put me on bedrest and told me to contact my OBGYN, she told me that I could continue to work but only four hours at a time and to take it easy.  I'm very scared as I had a miscarriage last year...do these usually go away on there own...I would just like to know what my chances are...Wishing all of you the best of luck (:
  • Options

We ran to the ER when I started bleeding a little over a week ago. (it was much more than just spotting & was terrifying since I had never experienced anything like that with first pregnancy).

Ultrasound showed baby was just fine & found the Hemetoma. It was about 9.3 cm & located on the opposite side of the uterus from the placenta. So, if you are going to have one, my OB said that is where you want to have it.  I continued spotting til about last Friday & things have been good since. I was advised nothing too strenuous & Pelvic Rest til I have not spotted for at least 2 weeks. After those aprox 2 weeks, she will feel better saying we are out of the woods. Most SCH's do heal up on their own.

Drink LOTs of water & make sure you get the rest!

My 2 December boys

• Options
    i experianced this with both of my last pregnancies. the babies were fine until i went into premature labour and unfortunatly miscarriaged both at 18 weeks, i hope it is different for you. best of luck
  • Options
    Yep I've got one too. I've had 3 major bleeds now. The first one at 6 weeks and then 2 this week. Last mon I rushed myself to Er as I passed a massive clot the size of a lime. TG the baby was ok. I bled a lot the next night and then spotted and bled for the rest of the week. Also passed another golf ball clot on Sat. Had my 12 wk scan today and baby looks good. Drink lots of water. Some pl suggest cranberry juice and kale. Don't lift anything heavy. Go on pelvic rest and rest as much as you can. I bought a Doppler today too for peace of mind. Good luck to you. I hope all our SCHs resolve themselves soon.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your experiences! Looks likes it more common than I thought. From what I have read and been told the vast majority of them clear up on their own. Best wishes for all of them clearing up sooner rather than later!

TTC since 01/13-Uterine Septum Surgery 12/12- During Surgery found Mod-Severe Endo which had left adhesions and attacked a tube. Very blessed to have found all this before TTC!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"