Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Snack Foods

How many do you give LO at one time (ex. puffs, cheetos, etc.)? I only give her a few at a time maybe three times a day. The food is going stale before she can even finish a container.

I think the serving size on the Gerber cheetos states sixteen. Obviously, I'm not going to give her that many at one time. But it got me thinking about how many everyone else feeds their LO at once.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Snack Foods

• We haven't offered these kinds of snacks to DS yet, but once we do I imagine I will give him a good amount and let him decide when to stop/how many to eat in one sitting. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The only "snack food" Cade gets is puffs. I do the Plum ones though cuz they are healthier than Gerber. Not as much crap and sugar. We give him like 10 at a time right now.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member
    I know this is snarky and I usually try to contain myself, but I honk the appropriate number of Cheetos for an infant is zero.

ETA how about some pieces of actual cheese? Berries? There are lots of finger food sized whole foods.
  • imageObLaDi:
    I know this is snarky and I usually try to contain myself, but I honk the appropriate number of Cheetos for an infant is zero. ETA how about some pieces of actual cheese? Berries? There are lots of finger food sized whole foods.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but they do make those Gerber cheese puff things. However, after reading the labels on that Gerber crap I just can't give my kid any. It's all crap.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageObLaDi:
    I know this is snarky and I usually try to contain myself, but I honk the appropriate number of Cheetos for an infant is zero.

ETA how about some pieces of actual cheese? Berries? There are lots of finger food sized whole foods.

She means the Gerber lil crunchies snacks, not actual cheetos.

Op, Ds really liked Cheerios, puffs, yogurt melts, string cheese, and yogurt at that age. Plus fruits and veggies. I would give him a decent amount, and just let him eat until he was full.
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member
    imagemben1119:

She means the Gerber lil crunchies snacks, not actual cheetos.

I know. They're still processed foods and are a gateway drug to real Cheetos. ::mobile winky::
  • imageObLaDi:
    I know this is snarky and I usually try to contain myself, but I honk the appropriate number of Cheetos for an infant is zero. ETA how about some pieces of actual cheese? Berries? There are lots of finger food sized whole foods.

Everyone has their own opinion and I understand that. You would definitely butt heads with a friend of mine. Her twins are 9 months old and already eating pieces of pizza.  

I'm nervous about giving her anything that is not made for a baby and will quickly dissolve in her mouth. I know that's being overly cautious, but she doesn't have any teeth and still occasionally has difficulty with puffs, etc. We don't plan on giving her any table food until she's a year old. 

I was only trying to get an idea of how many other babies are eating, because we're just wasting food right now. 

• imagersideemd:

imageObLaDi:

Everyone has their own opinion and I understand that. You would definitely butt heads with a friend of mine. Her twins are 9 months old and already eating pieces of pizza.  

I'm nervous about giving her anything that is not made for a baby and will quickly dissolve in her mouth. I know that's being overly cautious, but she doesn't have any teeth and still occasionally has difficulty with puffs, etc. We don't plan on giving her any table food until she's a year old. 

I was only trying to get an idea of how many other babies are eating, because we're just wasting food right now. 

Many of us don't do purees. Like, my son is nomming on lasagna right now. It's suggested to start finger foods at 9 months even for puree people. Why no real food? Those baby things aren't all that great. I'd rather my kid have pizza than some nasty Gerber stuff thats marketed towards babies.

• We do baby led weaning but he does get Puffs and Yogurt Melts occasionally. I only give about 3 or 5 along with his fruits, veggies, meat, whatever we are having. Since the other food us in larger chunks I am using the puffs and yogurt melts to help with the pinched grasp.

• When we started with puffs (6mo) I would give DD 1 or 2 and if she ate them 1 or 2 more.  I don't think I ever gave her more than 6 at a time.  When she started eating the Lil' Crunchies we also started with just a couple, but I do keep a large bag in the diaper bag now and will use them as a snack while we're shopping.  She will eat a dozen or so of the Lil' Crunchies or 6-8 Teddy Graham's.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"