International Bumpies

Living in Asia

Anyone else living in Asia? 
We're in Cambodia. We just found out we are prego. Went to a clinic and they didn't check anything... 

So luckily we found an Australian midwife in town, who is willing to meet with us. Still, it wouldn't have been my first choice to go with a midwife. 

Anyone else having the same issues? 

Re: Living in Asia

• We just moved out of Kuala Lumpur but had a very different experience.

Where in Cambodia are you?  Maybe it's a rural/urban thing? 

• imagePublius:

We just moved out of Kuala Lumpur but had a very different experience.

Where in Cambodia are you?  Maybe it's a rural/urban thing? 

Publius - Are you an EFM? 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in Taiwan and have been for about a year. I'm due later this year and was a bit nervous about delivering here before I met my doula, who is bilingual and super familiar with delivering in the hospitals here.
  • There is an expat community. Most do not recommend having a baby here. So we're going to fly to Australia (the top end) for the last 7 weeks. 
    But yesterday I went to see my doctor (Cambodian) and she just didn't seem to know what she was talking about. My midwife (Australian) said that their training is abysmal and the Cambodian doctors probably don't know much more than the average nurse would. 
    Makes me nervous, but I'll be okay. If anything bad happens, I'm a 5 hour taxi ride away from Bangkok, which has great healthcare. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"