October 2011 Moms
Options

Favorite toddler books

L's book selection is getting a little stale and I'm looking for some ideas for some beloved toddler books that she can grow into. Thanks. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Favorite toddler books

• Options
    kagl08kagl08 member

All of the Mercer Mayer books are a huge hit with my DD. Just go to Bed, Just Going to the Dentist, I Just Forgot. She's loving them all! She seems to love the Little Critters. We have a Little Critters Shapes book that both kids love.

Also, anything by Sandra Boynton is a hit here too. DS likes her Oh My, Oh My, Oh Dinosaurs book.  

• Options
    Violet loves all the Jane Cabrera books that you sing to, especially twinkle twinkle little star and wheels on the bus.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD loves the Karen Katz flip books. We have the "What Does Baby Say" and "How Does Baby Feel" ones. She also loves Good Night Gorilla and has recently gotten into the baby version of "Are You My Mother?". 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I don't know what L's reading now, but these are LBB's current favorites:

Choo Choo (Little Engine That Could)

Tweet Tweet (When I Was Born)

Duck Duck (The Story of Ping)

Bunny (Good Job Oliver)

What Do You Want To Be

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD loves "The Little Mouse, The Big Red Strawberry and the Hungry Bear" (or somethinglike that, we only have it in French (Le Petit Souris, La Belle Fraise Rouge et la Gros Ous Affame)). She also likes one called "Its time to Sleep You Crazy Sheep" along with "In a People's House", "A Fly Went By", "Are You My Mother" and "Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You".
  • Options
    jwls84jwls84 member
    This post makes me feel like a bad mom! I didn't even think of books recently, but I have a few that have the noise buttons on the side and he really enjoys those!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Right now DS loves The Little Blue Truck, Jamberry, Mind your manners Pooh, and pretty much anything by Sandra Boynton. 
  • Options

There's a Wocket in My Pocket

Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?

M.A.D.L.Y. Means Mom and Dad Love You

No Matter What 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    Deez10Deez10 member
    DS loves Go, Dog, Go! & The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry & the Big Hungry Bear.  He also loves Goodnight Moon and hates Where the Wild Things Are (I don't think he finds the pictures that much fun - he always closes the book before we have reached the 2nd page.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wes loves Corduroy, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, Hop on Pop and some other Seuss books, I Love You, Little One, and a book of illustrated nursery rhymes.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options
    Edison's favorite book right now is a large book with pictures. He loves me to name things and he can point them out.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Brown Bear brown bear what do you see

Bears in the night

• Options
    imagekagl08:
    All of the Mercer Mayer books are a huge hit with my DD. Just go to Bed, Just Going to the Dentist, I Just Forgot. She's loving them all! She seems to love the Little Critters. We have a Little Critters Shapes book that both kids love. ;

E loves these still! He makes me wait until he finds the spider before I can turn the page.
  • Options
    Lo loves anything with flaps or textures. Pat the Bunny is a huge hit.
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member

imagecantalopes24:
    imagekagl08:
    All of the Mercer Mayer books are a huge hit with my DD. Just go to Bed, Just Going to the Dentist, I Just Forgot. She's loving them all! She seems to love the Little Critters. We have a Little Critters Shapes book that both kids love. ;
    E loves these still! He makes me wait until he finds the spider before I can turn the page.

G does the same thing! It's hilarious! She always says "what's spider doing?" Whenever the spider is sitting on the steps or something (like in Just go to Bed) she says "Spider's in timeout." LOL!

And I forgot. Bears in the Night is a huge hit here too, and DS LOVES to read The Cat in the Hat before nap every.single.day. Any Dr. Seuss book does the trick here. 10 Apples Up On Top, And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, The Eye Book, The Tooth Book. They love them all!  

• Options

imagejwls84:
    This post makes me feel like a bad mom! I didn't even think of books recently, but I have a few that have the noise buttons on the side and he really enjoys those!

This. DS has an Elmo book that makes noise that he likes in the car. He has two other books, both "look and feel" books. He doesn't sit still long enough to read a whole book. 

photo
  • Options

We are big Sandra Boynton fans here too. Our favorite is Moo Baa La La La.

E has also been asking for us to read Olivia to her lately.

Her other favorites are Go Dog Go (the board book version),  Dear Zoo (a flip book), Biscuit books (My First I Can Read Books).

She's also been asking for her I'm the Big Sister book (so she can hit the new baby in the pictures.)  I think she's already trying to get a rise out of me! I can't wait for the teenage years!

• Options
    R loves alphabet books of any kind.  His two current favorites are the Dr. Seuss ABC book and Z is for Zamboni-a hockey alphabet (my personal fave!).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rous27rous27 member
    Dinosaur vs. Bedtime is the current favorite. We also read the skippy Jon Jones books, anything by Kevin Hankes, Tickle monster, and The Disnit's a small world touch and feel book.
  • Options

Sheep in a Jeep - DS likes to say "uh oh" and turn to the page that says, "uh oh, the jeep won't go"

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

Two books from Costco that have foam pieces that pop out - one is about trying to find pig's mom and the other is about colors. 

A picture book of cats - DS likes to roar and sign "lion" and flips to the page of a kitten who is yawning

• Options

imagesharksfan:
    R loves alphabet books of any kind.  His two current favorites are the Dr. Seuss ABC book and Z is for Zamboni-a hockey alphabet (my personal fave!).

Thanks for the Father's Day gift idea - just jumped on Amazon and bought Z is for Zamboni for DH to read to DS! 

• Options
    Thanks for the great ideas! I've added a bunch of new titles to my amazon shopping list.  

• Options
    FYI-Zulilly has Dr Seuss books today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"