Postpartum Depression

placenta encapusulation?

I just started reading about this & am curious if any Moms here have given it a try?

Re: placenta encapusulation?

• nope to messy and don't have the time I have 4 other children and will have a newborn any day now
  • You don't have to do it yourself....

OP, yes, I'm looking into it.  Google it with your city/state and you should find doulas or midwives that do it. 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCNYBride05:
    You don't have to do it yourself....OP, yes, I'm looking into it. nbsp;Google it with your city/state and you should find doulas or midwives that do it.nbsp;

This!! I AM doing it next time. I will hire a doula that also does it for me. Worth a shot, for me!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Do it! I have heard incredible things. What's the harm in trying?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm doing it. It is a little costly but I hear the benifits are worth it.
  • I plan on doing it next time. Like a pp said, it's worth a shot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did this and did it myself.  My husband brought it home from the hospital and put it in the fridge for me until I came home the next day and I made the capsules myself.  I was taking them daily and then started only taking them when I felt like I needed a boost.  Even if it's only mental, they seem to help!
  • jefkjefk member
    I did placenta encapsulation - I found a doula who did it.  It was $250 and I don't regret it at all.  I don't know if it really helps or not (I'm definitely feeling PPD/PPA symptoms), but I feel somewhat better when I take the pills.  Also I think it's helping my breastmilk supply.
  • I did this but my pills are in the freezer. I was really sick after birth and never ended up taking them. I think I might start now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"