Phoenix Babies
Options

Delivering at Banner T-Bird - Need a Dr!

FTM... of twins!

I am currently 17 weeks and have has a couple of visits with a doctor at Glendale OB/GYN. I'm just not feeling 100% sold on her, and am thinking of visiting some other doctors to see if I get a better read from them.

I have had a lot of people recommend, and have read a lot of good reviews for Desert West OB/GYN so I called them to see about coming in to meet one of the Dr's or 2. The scheduler rubbed me the wrong way, and pretty much told me that the chances of me actually having my Dr deliver my babies are slim, and that it would just be whoever the on-call Dr at that time is. This could not necessarily be a bad thing, as all of their Dr's have good reviews but there are almost 10 of them. On the other hand though, would it be better to stay at my current office, where there are only 3 Dr?s, once of which will not handle twins, and the other one is more preferred.

I'm just starting to stress myself out over this, which I don?t want to do, I just want to feel comfortable with this process and have things go smoothly.

Any advice or recommendations from others who have had great experiences with a particular doc would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance ladies <3

Re: Delivering at Banner T-Bird - Need a Dr!

• Options
    I go to Desert West and see Dr. Phillips. I really like him but like you said there are a lot of doctors there and you will get the one on call to deliver you. You don't end up meeting other doctors either. All my appointments are either with my doctor or his nurse. I guess its not a big deal to me that it might be a doctor I haven't met delivering me.  From what I understand they handle things similiarly since they are the same practice.  And you know you will always have one of their doctors.  I have seen a couple others for other reasons and I have liked them.  Good luck!
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Options

I had my last baby with Oehler at Desert West and I was never impressed with them....it was just one big "baby-mill" type of place.  Good care, but you are one of hundreds.  Not for us.

Dr. Alan Sawyer is my current OB....it is just him at his practice, like old school medicine.  I see him for every appt and I am just so thrilled with his care.

GL to you!!!

Krys DD#1-6/2002; DD#2-4/2010; SUPRISE BFP 10/19 EDD 6/25/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see Kotian at Glendale OB/GYN and she's been great.  I've had some complications and she's been really good about easing my mind and getting me ready. 
  • Options

I don't recommend Desert West at all.  In fact, at seventeen weeks, I am switching and I never want to return to that office again.  It really is one big baby factory and I am tired of feeling like I'm on an assembly line.  I should have switched the first time I spoke on the phone with the scheduler.  She sounded so cold and unwelcoming.   

Any how, I almost switched to Glendale OB/GYN but bad reviews are what turned me away.  Then a coworker actually recommended Thunderbird OB/GYN which is close to Glendale OB/GYN.  It's a fairly new office, I guess they moved - and they now deliver at Thunderbird.  There are several doctors in that practice and if you do the research, all of them have rave reviews.     

I've also heard great things about Dr. Sawyer.  One of my co-workers sees him for her OB appointments right now.  I think I would have switched to him had I gotten her advice first.  Just crossing my fingers all works out with T-bird :) 

• Options
    I see Dr. Erickson with Arrowhead Women's center they deliver at TBird and I LOVE him. They are a practice of 3 dr's. he has been so accommodating and I have felt so comfortable there :
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am currenlty 35+5 pregnant and just moved to arizona and had to change doctors.. I am on the state medical and found a doctor that is absolutely awesome! She is the only one in her office and she doesn't leave often, just happens to be gone when I am due so to keep from having a different doc deliver me we are inducing me before she leaves at 39 weeks... She is very thorough and the people in her office are friendly and personable. Her name is Dr. Rosario with New Start Women's care in Litchfield Park... she delivers at banner and West Valley.... here's her number 623 536 2413... hope this helps :) good luck on your search 
  • Options
    I also go to desert west. I had a bad experience with a different obgyn and was referred to them by a friend. I see dr. Oehler and her nurse, I love them both. I was very upfront with what went on with the other office and they are awesome about answering all my questions. I was told that there will be a chance that my dr won't be delivering my baby but I was assured all the dr's there practice the same way. I was also told that when we get closer to my due date that dr oehler would introduce me to the dr on call the day of my due date. 
  • Options

I am 9 weeks and see Dr. Oehler at Desert West. It's still early on for me, but I haven't had any issues with them so far, they've all been very helpful and on top of calling to schedule appts, etc.

• Options
    I also see Kotian at Glendale Ob/gyn. She made my first pregnancy totally non-scary and I also had some health complications. The only thing was that she wasn't there when I delivered my baby. I was induced and she came in to break my water but had appointments or something after hours and a tattooed male doctor delivered my baby. It was a pretty good experience in labor and delivery at banner thunderbird, but postpartum was awful. The only other doctor I have seen is Dr Eckel in Scottsdale but I believe he delivers in the scottsdale hospitals. Good luck with your babies!!
  • Options

I highly recommend Desert West! Personally prefer the Estrella office over others due to the front office (they are AWESOME, even visited me in the hospital). My Dr is Lisa Wynn and I sincerely cannot say enough about her. I had a high risk pregnancy and she was a Godsend! I was new to the area and got lucky with her. She was extremely thorough and made a nervous 1st time mom feel at ease. She actually went out to have her 1st baby 2 weeks before I had mine so I saw Dr Zhang for a short time. I would highly recommend her also! If you happen to need a high risk Dr I recommend Dr Robert Johnson with AZ Perinatal Care (offices at Arrowhead and Estrella).

GOOD LUCK! 

• Options

I highly recommend Desert West! Personally prefer the Estrella office over others due to the front office (they are AWESOME, even visited me in the hospital). My Dr is Lisa Wynn and I sincerely cannot say enough about her. I had a high risk pregnancy and she was a Godsend! I was new to the area and got lucky with her. She was extremely thorough and made a nervous 1st time mom feel at ease. She actually went out to have her 1st baby 2 weeks before I had mine so I saw Dr Zhang for a short time. I would highly recommend her also! If you happen to need a high risk Dr I recommend Dr Robert Johnson with AZ Perinatal Care (offices at Arrowhead and Estrella).

GOOD LUCK! 

Ps. Once you have the right Dr you will feel much, much more at ease with the process.  

• Options
    Right next to Banner Thunderbird, there's a medical plaza and my OB/GYN is there. It's called Thunderbird OB/GYN. I see Dr. Charles and she's very no nonsense and I like her a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Anybody have any experience with Judy Tom at Desert West? Thank you! :-)
  • Options
    I'm pleased to hear all the good things about Dr. Sawyer. I see him for the 1st time next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"