Homeschooling
Options

** xnbride **

Hi.. I asked about the hybrid home schools.  I see you are in CA... are you, by chance, in SoCal?  If so, I'd love to know more about your school.
image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months

Re: ** xnbride **

• Options

I am in central California so that would definitely be too far of a drive for you. I bet there are tons of similar programs where you live. I would start with the district where you live and ask if they have any homeschool charter schools or schools that offer independent study options that allow students to participate in extracurriculars/enrichment classes. If the person on the phone doesn't know the answer find someone who does.

These types of schools are becoming very popular so I would be so surprised if tey don't have something like it. Ask other homeschool moms if there is something similar. I will PM a link to our school website and another similar program south of us.

We also did connections academy for kindergarten and while it really wasn't a good fit for us, I became very aware that the program in southern California was far superior to the one here in Central CA. It was very active and students and teachers were very involved. So that may be another option for you as well.  

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options

forgive my ignorance. For some reason I thought you were looking for a similar program. It sounds like you already found one! Ha. Anyways, the info should still be relevant and hopefully helpful.

I would ask to do a site visit and check it out. Our school is always welcoming and I encourage all my friends to come check it out. If it is not a good fit, then keep looking. All charters have their own "vibe" to them. Our school is pretty crunchy and although I am not terribly crunchy, it is the perfect fit for us.  

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Silliest sorry to jump on your post but we are also looking at one in So Cal. Does the one you are considering start with a D? We are still a ways off but we are really considering this charter school/homeschool hybrid as an option
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"