Updated: I called, but it's a no go. They don't have my chart yet, for one, because it's in storage. Plus they said even if I came in for CD3 b/w tomorrow my doctor wouldn't be available until Thursday, and even if I switched doctors (which requires approval from them) then it would still put me at CD 5, 6 or 7 by the time I could see someone next week.
The nurse said she'd try to snag my chart and talk to the other nurses to see if there's anything to do, but doesn't look like it. Thanks, though, for all your suggestions!!!
For mobile: WWYD? Re: Back to RE (long)
Backstory: DH has been slowly deteriorating physically, becoming sore all the time and having a hard time moving. In December he started getting really bad and we figured out it must be arthritis. He's 35 (I'm 34).
Yesterday he has his first appointment with the rheumatologist, and the doctor determined he has rheumatoid arthritis and suggested we treat it aggressively -- mainly because DH is so young, so treating it aggressively would stop the deterioration of his joints and *hopefully* lead to a remission at some point.
While explaining the medication for treatment, the doctor's question: "Are you guys done having kids?" Um, no, we're trying right now actually.
He said you have to be off the meds for 3 months before trying. He suggested starting the meds immediately and putting TTC on hold for at least 6 months (which would actually be at least 9).
He left and I told DH that we could just schedule an appt ASAP back at the RE, try IUI for two months then put on hold. So DH brought it up with the doctor, asking if we could put it off for just a bit. He wasn't fond of that, but then we mentioned we'd had trouble before so we'd just go to the RE and it wouldn't be like we'd be trying for a while, and he said it was up to us.
Well, yesterday was CD1 so I called the RE and asked if we'd be able at all to start this cycle. Of course not. I teared up, but got an appointment in a few weeks so we won't be able to do IUI til next cycle. DH said that's fine, and said we should try 3 IUIs before putting things on hold and starting the meds. But that's at least 4 months.
In the meantime, DH will have a steroid to help him with the pain when needed, but I feel terrible.
Am I being selfish for not wanting to put TTC on hold for 9 months? I'd rather not have that big of a gap between kids (DD is almost 28 months) and I'd like to get through the baby stage sooner, if that makes any sense. FWIW, our first IUI and our current RE (with injects) was successful. Our Dx was MFI (poor morph, great other #'s) -- but I think our real problem is I have weak ovulation.
Thoughts? Sorry so long, but no one else will quite get why I'm so bummed. Because I was also stupidly hoping for a BFP w/o the RE. Oh, well. Less worry with the RE, right?!