Military Families
Options

What to wear to "black tie attire" dining out at 38 weeks pregnant

My husband and I are expected to attend a dining out (Black tie/formal attire) in a few weeks and I have yet to find much in the way of maternity formals unless I spend tons of money, which is something I'm just not that willing to do since this will likely be the only time I wear this dress. I have found a few online, but am unsure if they are formal enough.

https://www.everlygrey.com/dresses/nina-maxi-dress/

https://www.everlygrey.com/dresses/macy-dress/

Would either of these two be okay? Thanks in advance for the help! 

Re: What to wear to "black tie attire" dining out at 38 weeks pregnant

• Options
    Thanks for the help! This is our first dining out, so I was feeling a little intimidated! :)
  • Options
    imagequartermisses:

I think the first one would be perfect.

However, if you're just not feeling it, pregnant women always get a free pass to wear cocktail length if unable to find something long in my book (and I think you'll find most will agree). It's pretty much the only time you get the pass, though Wink

I LOVE the first one!!  

Quarter is right, most people give the pregnant woman a pass for wearing cocktail.  I know DH's unit was VERY understanding of pregnancy and attire options 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm grateful for the help!
  • Options

I like the first one.  The second looks a bit frumpy.

Try ebay too!  You can find a lot of really lightly used (once) stuff on there.

Have fun at the dining out!!! :)

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"