July 2012 Moms
Options

~FFFC~

2»

Re: ~FFFC~

• Options
    imageSallySunrise:
    I'm really surprised that no one else said they worry about the amount of time spent on TB.... It feels even more flame worthy now. Guess I really do need to take another step back! Boo.

This is me too! I lurk on mobile even when I can't post. DH has started making comments about me disappearing into my phone.

My FFFC: we had to use my mom's car to run up to the store the other day. She has a convertible car seat in it for my nephew that faces forward. I couldn't get it unlatched, so Em rode forward facing to and from Costco. It was only a five minute drive but still...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagemrsmckinky:

imageSallySunrise:
    I'm really surprised that no one else said they worry about the amount of time spent on TB.... It feels even more flame worthy now. Guess I really do need to take another step back! Boo.

Oh, I spend way too much time on here, I know it!  I usually only do it when Dex is napping, but sometimes after DH gets home and before Dex goes to bed, I will hop on.  I *should* be cleaning, or working, or getting stuff done....but this is more fun!  LOL.

Are you sure your not just being popular and missing out on life???? Hmm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSallySunrise:

You're too cute Sally, and I mean that in the good way, not snarky. Smile I spend way too much time on here too, and it's while I'm at work and have plenty of other things I should be doing. I have to deliberately set limits for myself, like I'll give myself a chance to get online after I finish this project, or so many phone calls. You are not alone.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options
    I feel so much better now, thanks ladies!! Since it appears I'm normal, I guess I'll stay. Stick out tongue

• Options

imageSallySunrise:
    I feel so much better now, thanks ladies!! Since it appears I'm normal, I guess I'll stay. Stick out tongue

Big Smile 

• Options
    imagemrsmckinky:

imageWonderJess:
    I think some people need to go back for a refresher course in Common Decency 101. 

Sticks and stones break bones but words ALSO hurt.  Yes, from internet strangers.  Welcome to bullying, 2013 style. 

I don't agree that people need to not be so sensitive or get a thicker skin.  We see things on the news all the time and we call it tragic and senseless and rip the offending parties to shreds.  But somehow there are different rules for ourselves...?

If what you say on the internet can honestly form friendships, a "family", and a *real* net of support it absolutely, 100% can also be a *real* way to hurt someone. 

I agree with this statement...however, I have to say that I think the "callout" thing depends on how you were raised.  In my family, we call each other out on our bullshiit all the time.  Everything is always out on the table....and then we're over it, just like that.  In DH's family, they talk about NOTHING.  So they constantly have shiit that they are pissed off with each other about but they refuse to air it out until it comes to a head, and even then, I've never met anyone so far in denial and so willing to ignore shiit as MIL.  I prefer the former way of handling things.  I think that if one of us has an issue with another, it should be said.  That doesn't mean that we don't like each other, or that the one issue is going to break a relationship apart.  Unfortunately, not everyone feels the way I do, or grew up in that type of family like I did.  We all have different views on how things should be handled.  I do think there is a big difference between calling someone out on their shiit and bullying, and IMO, there are people who are willing to immediately call something bullying when it isn't (not calling out anyone in particular, just a general statement)...and vice versa. 

I actually agree with you.  What I think some people miss, though, is that just because YOU (general you...) feel like this place is a family doesn't mean everyone does. 

Some people come here, post a ton, make friendships in "real life" and think of the people here like a family.

Some people come here, post some, and never really feel like they are part of the family.

And still others come here once in a while, ask advice, and never really have a desire to think of it more than what it is... a message board about babies. 

Our goals and perceptions are varied.  I will totally bust my best friend's balls (she would think something was wrong with me if I didn't...) but if you don't reallllllly feel like this place is your home/family it's just going to feel really shittty to get railed on.

• Options
    imagemrsmckinky:
    imageWonderJess:
    imagemrsmckinky:

imageWonderJess:
    I think some people need to go back for a refresher course in Common Decency 101. 

Sticks and stones break bones but words ALSO hurt.  Yes, from internet strangers.  Welcome to bullying, 2013 style. 

I don't agree that people need to not be so sensitive or get a thicker skin.  We see things on the news all the time and we call it tragic and senseless and rip the offending parties to shreds.  But somehow there are different rules for ourselves...?

If what you say on the internet can honestly form friendships, a "family", and a *real* net of support it absolutely, 100% can also be a *real* way to hurt someone. 

I agree with this statement...however, I have to say that I think the "callout" thing depends on how you were raised.  In my family, we call each other out on our bullshiit all the time.  Everything is always out on the table....and then we're over it, just like that.  In DH's family, they talk about NOTHING.  So they constantly have shiit that they are pissed off with each other about but they refuse to air it out until it comes to a head, and even then, I've never met anyone so far in denial and so willing to ignore shiit as MIL.  I prefer the former way of handling things.  I think that if one of us has an issue with another, it should be said.  That doesn't mean that we don't like each other, or that the one issue is going to break a relationship apart.  Unfortunately, not everyone feels the way I do, or grew up in that type of family like I did.  We all have different views on how things should be handled.  I do think there is a big difference between calling someone out on their shiit and bullying, and IMO, there are people who are willing to immediately call something bullying when it isn't (not calling out anyone in particular, just a general statement)...and vice versa. 

I actually agree with you.  What I think some people miss, though, is that just because YOU (general you...) feel like this place is a family doesn't mean everyone does. 

Some people come here, post a ton, make friendships in "real life" and think of the people here like a family.

Some people come here, post some, and never really feel like they are part of the family.

And still others come here once in a while, ask advice, and never really have a desire to think of it more than what it is... a message board about babies. 

Our goals and perceptions are varied.  I will totally bust my best friend's balls (she would think something was wrong with me if I didn't...) but if you don't reallllllly feel like this place is your home/family it's just going to feel really shittty to get railed on.

I can agree with what you mean there....but I think the overall feeling on this board (M.O., if you will), is that of a family.  Certainly not everyone feels this way.  But I think with the Basil situation, it's really hard to be supportive of someone when they are posting constantly about worries, but nothing else versus someone who has FTM questions and worries occasionally.  You are only allowed to post 2 FTM questions per week on here.....joking, joking.  But to disappear, then pop back in and do nothing but that makes it that much harder to be supportive of someone.  I mean, I know we don't all have time to post all day long...but it takes 2 seconds to send T&Ps to irish for Jack's surgery this week, or to tell Hijoi that her siggy picture is cute ((Joi, sorry I haven't gotten on that....but your siggy picture is effing adorable)), or whatever.  There's a give and take to a BMB compared to the regular community boards.  There are a ton of other boards where people don't know each other, don't give a shiit about each other, and will answer anxiety questions all day long if that's all you are going to post (like the Babies 9-12 months board).

Thank god I am a 2nd time mom and already know everything! Stick out tongue

Fair enough.  I concede the give and take thing, fo' sho'.  But my original post was born from months of careful research, polling and observation (ok, not really), not so much on the Basil thing alone and I stand behind it!

• Options

imagewmel13:
    I think most of the names listed in the "guilty pleasure names" post are awful and I hope future babies don't end up with those names.

LOL I agree

• Options
    imageJodieLyn10:
    imagereinedecajun:

imagewmel13:
    I think most of the names listed in the "guilty pleasure names" post are awful and I hope future babies don't end up with those names.

LOL I agree

HAHAHA!  When I read those, my recurring thought was "Thank God the H vetoed THAT!"

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've got another one that will be shocking. I've never been to an Ikea. O_0 I'm not sure there's one in my whole state.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options

imagebellaxanthe:

For all you girls who hate buying baby clothes, my FFFC is that I think about starting a baby fashion blog. I love her clothes that much. I started making headbands and tutus and I've never had so much fun.

wonderjess, I think  I have a  girl crunch on you.

GAH! I just love being crunched on! Surprise

• Options
    zyaszyas member

imagenikki2223583:
    I should have been pumping all week to leave Noah at my in laws with the older two for our date night tomorrow. I haven't done it once which means Noah stays with us. But part of me is fine with that. I will be more relaxed knowing I don't have to rush back Sunday to get him. The older boys are just fine there. Also I may have had two bottles of wine this week by myself. And plan to get a bottle for tomorrow night after Noah goes down. I should be getting the kids ready for the pool but am really hoping it rains to get out of it. I would love a rain/movie day today. I spent 21 dollars on organic chicken from whole foods. 6 breast! While it was good and supposedly "better for you" I have to say I didn't notice any difference. I went to Costco the next day and bought the bag of frozen Chicken. Now the organic ground beef from the farmers market was delicious! Best burgers I have had in forever.

Nikki - which farmers market did you go to? 

• Options

Hrrrm.... my FFFC - While I don't think it causes me to post silly things, I will admit that I am a little jealous of all of you that have gotten so close and gotten to meet IRL etc.  

My other FFFC - I never found majorwife particularly annoying, rude or sanctimonious.  She just struck me as pretty matter of fact/"take it or leave it you random internet people".    Which then makes me occasionally slightly worry that you all hate me as well.    Not enough to leave or anything, though.  Smile

• Options
    imageSallySunrise:

I spend waaaaay too much time here. H calls me out on it all the time. If the world's most oblivious man is noticing, it is really bad!!
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJustcallmeGG2:
    sometimes i think the people that are the most "popular" on this board really must not have much going on in their own lives.nbsp;

M.S.E.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am totally over breastfeeding. I really, really, really want to quit. But I feel guilty for even thinking of it. I find myself not caring if it's been 4 or 5 hours since I nursed. Besides, when my ILs visit, it's my one excuse to escape with DD for a while.

I tend to think that I keep a pretty clean house. I mop once a week. I also hate wasting food. I let DD eat puffs off the floor so I don't have to trash them. At night I round up the leftovers and toss them but during the day, any and all puffs on the floor are fair game. 

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"