Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Couple solid food questions

Those of you who make your own food, how do you make your meat pures and how have you introduced them?

I want to give Emmalyn yogurt. What kind are you using?

Eta iPhone auto corrected lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Couple solid food questions

• Options

The only ingredient in Dannon All Natural Plain yogurt is whole milk so that's what I feed him. I was surprised he would eat it but he does. ;)

As for puree prep, I do the same as PP.

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • Options

I steam (or bake if it's sweet potatoes), drain, puree, add a little water if it needs to be thinned out and freeze in ice cube trays. Once frozen, I store the cubes in Ziploc freezer bags. I introduce one food at a time every three days or longer.

For yogurt, I use plain, whole milk Stonyfield Farm organic.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you asking regular fruit/veggie purees, or are you asking specifically about MEAT purees?

For veggie purees, I do what others said.  Fruit i mostly just peel/dice or mash w/back of a fork if they are soft enough.  Harder fruits (pineapple, canteloupe) I puree.

For meat, I don't puree (just seems wrong to me).  I use tender cuts and cook it until it is almost falling apart, then I feed them in small pieces to DS.  I also give him ground pork and ground beef.  DS is almost 7 months and he now can do some self-feeding, so I've been giving him strips of chicken thigh meat and he can feed himself.

Regarding yogurt, I buy full fat PLAIN yogurt, and add fruits into it.  Most full fat plain only comes in qt size.  But I can find a local farm brand in 6oz cups. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options

I pureed my own meat and little guy loved it. I either puree a really tender cut of meat (like a chicken thigh) that has been braised or slow cooked so it's basically falling apart, with a little bit of the liquid it was cooked in, or saute the meat with some veggies and make a little gravy with the drippings. Also, my pedi has also given us the go ahead to use butter, olive oil, and lots of seasonings - just no salt or sugar - so I don't hold back on any of that :) You can process it until it is as chunky or smooth as it needs to be.

The jarred meats are really gross. I've tasted what I've made and it really tastes good (just not the texture I would normally eat my food!).

January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• Options
    I finally broke down the other day and pureed some chicken.  It was a bit too tough for DS to chew so I put it in a food processor and it didn't turn out like paste, luckily because I would have been nauseous.  It came out powdery and so have been sprinkling it into vegetable purees.  I poached it, let it cool then put it in a food processor a day later.  
  • Options

I am trying the chicken tonight for the first time...made it today.  There was a recipe in the 100 best purees book for chicken, sweet potato, and apples.  Sounded good and frankly the chicken breast is just dry so I am hoping the other two ingredients help.

We haven't done yogurt yet and are holding off....LO is on soy formula so will try soy yogurt first at the advice of our ped in a little bit. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Use a meat that is on the fattier side, like a dark meat chicken. Roast or boil, puree and add enough water or even broth to make it the consistency you want.

Get a full fat plain yogurt and add some fruit puree (or even veggie).. it's super easy and yummy and not full of added sugar. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"