Babies: 9 - 12 Months

What to take to the beach?

Hi.  DH and I are taking our LO to the beach for the first time. What do you suggest we take with us?  We'll be staying in a nice beach house, so I'm mostly looking for things to take to the actual beach.

So far I have:

Bathing suit

Swim diapers

Swim shirt

Beach towel

Pack and play (to sleep)

Beach charis (for us)

Sunscreen ( which is best?)

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
5 DIUI - BFN
IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
image imageimageimageimage

Re: What to take to the beach?

• I'm bringing a one ring inflatable pool from Walmart 5 to fill with water so LO can play in it and a huge golf umbrella for shade
  • In terms of sunscreen, I like Neutrogena Baby Sunblock SPF 50+, and Banana Boat Baby.

You'll also need an umbrella or small pop up tent for little one for shade, and I'd also bring a blanket to give LO some play room out of the sand. Don't forget a nice big floppy sun hat for LO as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely a little inflatable pool like PP said and maybe some bath/beach toys to put in the pool for LO to play with.
  • They have these baby shade tents that are pretty cool. We use baby SPF clothes and a reusable swim diaper. They have them at target baby r us   So much better. Less Hot and heavy when wet. 
  • Are you planning to take the actual pack n play onto the beach?  That seems like a lot to carry.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• We go weekly. Besides what you already said: A huge umbrella is a must. Plastic toys that can be washed. Hat. Extra swim diapers. Regular diapers. Onesie. Extra blankets, I like A&A muslin ones to wipe off sand. Huge bed sheet to sit and play on. Sippy of water. Frozen fruit. Baby powder to wipe sand off works great. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PnP on the beach sounds a bit much, but other than what you said PP have given you a few other ideas.  I definitely suggest getting some type of shade.  I think umbrellas are more practical than the tents, but different strokes and all.  Definitley a sheet or a blanket to hang out on.  Toys.  Baby powder for getting off the sand works, I don't really do it a lot anymore but I used to.

And we use Neutrogena baby.  Love it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageJennaNAaron:
    Are you planning to take the actual pack n play onto the beach?  That seems like a lot to carry.

If you are staying at a beach house it seems silly to drag a pack n play to beach. 

We go to the beach all.the.time.  We literally live less than 10 miles away from the beach so we go often.  I feel like less is more, especially since you are staying at a beach house and you will be able to go inside for naps, breaks, meals, etc.  Dragging too much stuff while trying to carry a baby can be difficult!

We go for a few hours at a time in the morning, usually 9-11ish and bring:
    snacks, extra swim diapers, wipes, sunscreen, towels, drinks (bottles for the baby)....and that's it.  Once it starts getting hot, we go home.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• we frequent the beach lots!

is LO walking? if so bring water shoes! DD hates stepping on shells and such.

We bring a big blanket and an umbrella. Toys for her when we are sitting. Snacks! Water. We use Aveeno baby sunscreen.Change of clothes for car ride home.

Have fun! DD loves the water and tries to eat the sand and shells. smh.

• Thanks ladies.  Just to clarify... the PnP is for sleeping at the house, not at the beach.  I'm not sure why I added that to the list.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"