Multiples
Options

Silly birthstone question

With my BMB coming up on their actual due dates birthstones were mentioned. I was wondering as MoMs if you did something with birthstones (ring, necklace, earrings, etc.) Did you "represent" the month or each individual child?

For example one mom is looking for stackable rings so that future children can be represented, so in that case I would assume two matching rings for multiples?

I know this is completely stupid, but just curious, and I'm bored.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Silly birthstone question

• Options
    JoDocJoDoc member

I don't think it's stupid at all.

I got a stackable ring with my mom's birthstone and my birthstone shortly after she died.  It was a way for me to remember her and keep her with me.  DH and I married 5 months after she passed and she knew that we'd try to have a baby.  Well, surprise, we're having twins.  I talked to my hubby about it and asked his opinion, do I get 1 ring symbolizing both babies (when they are born) or 1 ring for each of them.  He said "Get one for each.  They could end up with the same birthstone as your mom anyway, and you wouldn't want to have hers symbolize her AND the babies.  I say get 2 more rings"  So, that's my plan.  If they too are born in November, I'll have a yellow, red, yellow, yellow ring.  I prefer the stackable ring for the reason you mentioned.  You can add more. 

• Options
    I have this necklace for Emily and thought about getting 2 more, one for each twin, but seems SO bulky, so I will do one necklace with 3 stones, eventually...  I want to represent each child, but not have too much around my neck.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been looking at these types of items lately to help pass the time while counting down the days. I've decided that I've "earned" a gemstone for each baby :-)

My trouble now is deciding what I want for my June babies (pearl, alexandrite, or moonstone) and what looks best with my Aquamarine for my DS.

This is what I do when I'm awake from 2am-4am.

• Options
    I'm due late in the same month that DS was born.  It's probably going to be 3 of the same stone for me.  
  • Options
    jbl126jbl126 member

I have a mom necklace with two pendants that have their names on it.  And then a pearl for each of them

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My boys were born in October, which has two birthstones: pink tourmaline or opal. We live in Maine, whose state stone is tourmaline, so one day I'm planning on getting a ring made using one birthstone for each baby, and instead of pink tourmaline I'd like to use the green varient, which is more popular here. That way each baby would have his own stone.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have an Origami Owl necklace with a "mama" plate in it and one July stone, plus two September stones. 
  • Options
    imageradiant05:

I've been looking at these types of items lately to help pass the time while counting down the days. I've decided that I've "earned" a gemstone for each baby :-)

My trouble now is deciding what I want for my June babies (pearl, alexandrite, or moonstone) and what looks best with my Aquamarine for my DS.

This is what I do when I'm awake from 2am-4am.

FTR I was in a sorority who's "colors" were represented by pearl and Aquamarine. I really like them together for what its worth. But... I think my pin has Alexandrite and pearl.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagethetwinkies&Vivi:
    I have an Origami Owl necklace with a "mama" plate in it and one July stone, plus two September stones. 

I have this also mine is 3 Nov stones and 1 Dec stone  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not stupid at all.  I've been looking at birthstone jewelry for DH to get me for our anniversary this year.  I, also, decided on 2 stackable rings so each baby is represented...and we can add another if we go crazy and decide to have any more children. 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    The triplets are July babies, so ruby stone. While they were in the NICU my amazing DH surprised me with a 3 ruby stone necklace. He followed that up with a 3 stone ruby ring a couple years later. I LOVE them, wear the ring every day.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    I have a mother's necklace from the Vintage Pearl. For each child it has a silver circle w/their name on it and a birthstone, so my necklace has two silver circles and two little garnets. I personally would do one per child in general, but it depends on the style of the jewelry.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"