Parenting
Options

FFFC2

Re: FFFC2

• Options
    imageLittle Jerry:

DH definitely can't rock the boat, as these big corporations will just axe people. His job started with 96 people and they've fired so many people that it's down to these 3.

And the guy used to work Saturdays, it wasn't until he got married that he required this.

It just seems absurd to be a sportswriter that can't work on Saturdays. `

Right?  College football, yo!

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I just accidentally sent a sexy flirty text to my BIL instead of my husband.

This may have broken my sexting habit.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsGoodkat:

At least the good thing is today people are more aware of the dangers of the Internet. When we first got AOL I was giving my address out all willy nilly to boys in chatrooms so they could write to me. I'm thankful that it seems they actually were all just teenage boys who lived across the country and not creepers. 

I'm still wondering how I survived AOL chatrooms... OMG. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageRondackHiker:

*insert cat in bathtub "Abort" gif that she can't find here*

He forwarded it on to both of us with a winky face.

I am dying.

image image
  • Options
    imageEVA116:

I haven't had sex since October.

My FFFC: I just told DH that having sex will help me push out the baby because it will help stretch out my vagina. He looked surprised but said okay. I told him it was sex or perinal (sp?) massage...we will be having sex soon. I am a horrible horrible person.

I think it's been about that long for me, too. High five!

lol @ tricking YH into sex. You clever, clever vixen Stick out tongue 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageRondackHiker:
    I just accidentally sent a sexy flirty text to my BIL instead of my husband. This may have broken my sexting habit.

Sending naughty texts to your husband?

You're such a hussy. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    imageLittle Jerry:

So, DH writes for CBS sports. He works with 2 other writers, and they work in shifts. There's an am (9-3) and pm (3-9) shift each day of the week.

One of the three guys just got married to a very devout Jewish woman (his words, not DH's). So, now he will not work the Sabbath, which apparently is sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. He is Jewish and worked weekends before, but now he can't, post-marriage.

So, basically, DH and/or the non-Jewish guy have to work every single Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Of the 5 "weekend shifts" (Friday pm, Saturday am/pm, and Sunday am/pm), this one guy only has to work one of those shifts, because he's not going to be expected to work 2 shifts on Sunday. So, basically the shifts that everyone would naturally want off, Friday night and all day Saturday, he absolutely never has to work, but DH and the non-Jewish guy always have to work, plus one of them has to do a Sunday shift. And then if DH or the non-Jewish guy have plans (like we had a wedding last Saturday that DH was in), the other person has to work 12 hours because there's only 2 of them to cover Saturday.

I absolutely believe in the freedom of religion, and I don't think there's anything DH or the employer can do, but it really chaps my hide. Apparently, the whole purpose of the Sabbath is to relax, study, spend time with family. So, DH doesn't get very much time on the weekend with his family because he's not religious? It seems really unfair.

I'm really confused by the Sunday part. Historically, Jews often work on Sunday while Christians celebrate their sabbath on Sunday. It can work pretty well. 

• Options

imagebrittersdamod:
    Sometimes after a really rough day I fantasize about sneaking off and smoking a big fat doobie. But alas I have to be a responsible parent now.

Yes 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageLuckyDad:

imageRondackHiker:

You're such a hussy. 

But it was sent to her BIL not her husband Wink

Lol I hope it wasn't too bad, Rhonda!

It is hard to tell. It isn't as bad as many I have sent, but it did mention what I've been thinking about all day long.

DH and his brother seem highly amused.

image image
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:

I also hear of people "meeting" on FB, which creeps me out a little.

I met DW through Craigslist.

Not Casual Encounters though.

Although I did meet a woman through there once too.

• Options
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageLittle Jerry:

So, DH writes for CBS sports. He works with 2 other writers, and they work in shifts. There's an am (9-3) and pm (3-9) shift each day of the week.

One of the three guys just got married to a very devout Jewish woman (his words, not DH's). So, now he will not work the Sabbath, which apparently is sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. He is Jewish and worked weekends before, but now he can't, post-marriage.

So, basically, DH and/or the non-Jewish guy have to work every single Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Of the 5 "weekend shifts" (Friday pm, Saturday am/pm, and Sunday am/pm), this one guy only has to work one of those shifts, because he's not going to be expected to work 2 shifts on Sunday. So, basically the shifts that everyone would naturally want off, Friday night and all day Saturday, he absolutely never has to work, but DH and the non-Jewish guy always have to work, plus one of them has to do a Sunday shift. And then if DH or the non-Jewish guy have plans (like we had a wedding last Saturday that DH was in), the other person has to work 12 hours because there's only 2 of them to cover Saturday.

I absolutely believe in the freedom of religion, and I don't think there's anything DH or the employer can do, but it really chaps my hide. Apparently, the whole purpose of the Sabbath is to relax, study, spend time with family. So, DH doesn't get very much time on the weekend with his family because he's not religious? It seems really unfair.

I'm really confused by the Sunday part. Historically, Jews often work on Sunday while Christians celebrate their sabbath on Sunday. It can work pretty well. 

I'm a little confused by what you mean, but we certainly ain't Christians. Since there's only 3 people to work and 2 Sunday shifts, either DH or the other non-Jewish guy have to work on Sunday no matter what.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageRondackHiker:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageLuckyDad:

imageRondackHiker:

You're such a hussy. 

But it was sent to her BIL not her husband Wink

Lol I hope it wasn't too bad, Rhonda!

It is hard to tell. It isn't as bad as many I have sent, but it did mention what I've been thinking about all day long.

DH and his brother seem highly amused.

How old is brother?  Is he married? Single?

Single, 22, hiking the Appalachian trail right now and staying with us for a few days to take a break. He texted me a question earlier and I failed to reply with the right text to the right person.

My other BIL is 17. It could be worse.

image image
  • Options
    imageLittle Jerry:

I'm a little confused by what you mean, but we certainly ain't Christians. Since there's only 3 people to work and 2 Sunday shifts, either DH or the other non-Jewish guy have to work on Sunday no matter what.

I am confused why the practicing Jew can't work Sunday. The Sabbath ends at sundown on Saturday. I get that he can't do Friday night and Saturday either shift. Just not Sunday, which is just another day to Orthodox Jews.

• Options

imageRondackHiker:
    Single, 22, hiking the Appalachian trail right now and staying with us for a few days to take a break. He texted me a question earlier and I failed to reply with the right text to the right person. My other BIL is 17. It could be worse.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hike%20the%20Appalachian%20Trail

Hee hee! 

• Options
    imagespeer06:

imageRondackHiker:
    I just accidentally sent a sexy flirty text to my BIL instead of my husband. This may have broken my sexting habit.

Hopefully your DH at least sexts you back? Mine just responds with a 'haha' or an 'lol'. 

Are you being too subtle? Do you often make sex jokes with no follow through?

Have you considered a cleavage pic? What straight man could laugh at that? 

• Options
    imageHolls2011:
    imageLuckyDad:
    imagekiraliz2:

I also hear of people "meeting" on FB, which creeps me out a little.

I met DW through Craigslist.

Not Casual Encounters though.

Although I did meet a woman through there once too.

Oh my.

• Options
    imagespeer06:
    imageLuckyDad:
    imagespeer06:

imageRondackHiker:

Hopefully your DH at least sexts you back? Mine just responds with a 'haha' or an 'lol'. 

Are you being too subtle? Do you often make sex jokes with no follow through?

Have you considered a cleavage pic? What straight man could laugh at that? 

I don't bother with subtle because he would never pick up on it. I did send him a boobage pic a few weeks ago. He appreciated it however it illicited no response other than I should send it in to The Chive for Chivettes Bored at Work. 

Mine expresses appreciation or sects back, depending. He does not sext as often. He always appreciates a good boob shot.

image image
  • Options
    I just took a boob shot to send to Dh. Then I deleted it bc my sports nursing bra is just so unsexy it's not even funny...
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    imageInkogneetoh:
    imageLittle Jerry:

He's saying Jewish sabbath is normally to sun down Friday to sun down Saturday.  So the Jewish guy should at least work one of the shifts Sunday and maybe your H and the other guy could alternate so they could each get every other off at least.

I can't see your OP but it read like the Jewish guy wouldn't work Saturday or Sunday at all. 

Or your H and the other guy can find Jesus and make the Jewish guy work all day Sunday :).  Kidding.   

Oh, I see. No, the Jewish guy works Sundays and DH and other guy do alternate Sunday shifts. But that means that DH and other guy automatically work every single Saturday and alternate Sundays, plus often have to work the Friday night shift that no one would prefer either. So, of 5 "weekend shifts" (Friday evening, both shifts Saturday, both shifts Sunday), the Jewish guy only has to work one of them. DH and other guy have to split the rest, always having to work on the most desirable days off.  

ETA: I wish DH had the balls/leverage to email everyone and say "My wife and I don't believe in God, but spending time with our child as family is very important to us so I can't work Friday night or Saturday ever. Sorry." 

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    imagespeer06:

imageLaurelBee:
    I just took a boob shot to send to Dh. Then I deleted it bc my sports nursing bra is just so unsexy it's not even funny...

Well if you're able, my suggestion would be to eliminate the bra all together and support the girls/cover the nips with an arm or something. Nursing bras suck. 

Or send a photo of your mouth and detail what you'll do with that mouth later.

image image
  • Options
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageLittle Jerry:

On the other hand, if I want to celebrate any of the Jewish Holidays that require me to stay at home, like Yom Kippur, I have to take a vacation day. I have actually had to work on Rosh Hashanah because I didn't have enough time to take off. Unfortunately, the regular work week doesn't take into account our sabbath. I have to take an hour off each week to get to DDs DC because they let out early on Fridays for shabbos. 

It sucks for everyone involved.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageacaudill75:
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageLittle Jerry:

On the other hand, if I want to celebrate any of the Jewish Holidays that require me to stay at home, like Yom Kippur, I have to take a vacation day. I have actually had to work on Rosh Hashanah because I didn't have enough time to take off. Unfortunately, the regular work week doesn't take into account our sabbath. I have to take an hour off each week to get to DDs DC because they let out early on Fridays for shabbos. 

I definitely agree that it's frustrating and unfair for you to have to take time off for those holidays and stuff.

Of course, in this situation, the Jewish guy just says he can't work those days either and DH and/or the other guy cover those shifts. Which is fine...this only happens a few times a year. DH doesn't mind helping people out, it just seems like he and the other non-Jewish guy are getting the shaft. I mean, neither of them will ever get a Saturday off, unless they have a planned event, and, even then, DH feels really bad because it means the other guy has to work 12 hours.  

DS is 1DAF

• Options
    imagespeer06:
    imageRondackHiker:
    imagespeer06:

imageLaurelBee:

Well if you're able, my suggestion would be to eliminate the bra all together and support the girls/cover the nips with an arm or something. Nursing bras suck. 

Yes 

Indifferent I'm such a massive prude! And I didn't realize until just now. Wah wah 

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    imageLittle Jerry:
    imageacaudill75:
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageLittle Jerry:

I definitely agree that it's frustrating and unfair for you to have to take time off for those holidays and stuff.

Of course, in this situation, the Jewish guy just says he can't work those days either and DH and/or the other guy cover those shifts. Which is fine...this only happens a few times a year. DH doesn't mind helping people out, it just seems like he and the other non-Jewish guy are getting the shaft. I mean, neither of them will ever get a Saturday off, unless they have a planned event, and, even then, DH feels really bad because it means the other guy has to work 12 hours.  

I feel you. DH just got put on 2 pm to 10 pm shift because another Captain got rotated onto Road Patrol who is senior to him (literally by like a second, they were promoted at the same time, but the guy came out ahead of DH in the ranking by very little;anyway). There were two shifts, daytime, and evening. DH got shafted which means I get shafted every evening. Trust me, it sucks conforming to a Christian work week, and I am not even Orthodox. Unless YH's coworker is a douche, he probably feels badly.

They could make a Saturday night shift, and make him work it. No weasling out of that one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageacaudill75:

I feel you. DH just got put on 2 pm to 10 pm shift because another Captain got rotated onto Road Patrol who is senior to him (literally by like a second, they were promoted at the same time, but the guy came out ahead of DH in the ranking by very little;anyway). There were two shifts, daytime, and evening. DH got shafted which means I get shafted every evening. Trust me, it sucks conforming to a Christian work week, and I am not even Orthodox. Unless YH's coworker is a douche, he probably feels badly.

They could make a Saturday night shift, and make him work it. No weasling out of that one.

So when can you work again? Is it literally sundown Saturday or is there a time? Do you personally follow the Sabbath (is this the right phrasing/spelling?)? Please don't be offended, I don't know anything about other religions either :) 

DS is 1DAF

• Options
    imageMollusksWrangler:
    imageLaurelBee:
    imagespeer06:
    imageRondackHiker:
    imagespeer06:

imageLaurelBee:

Yes 

Indifferent I'm such a massive prude! And I didn't realize until just now. Wah wah 

Me too. The whole idea of doing that made me think "ew".

Which part? Sending a sexy text or doing things to your H with your mouth?

Because the first part involves no physical contact and I'm puzzled how it could be gross.

The second part is just fun!

image image
  • Options
    imagespeer06:
    imageRondackHiker:
    imagespeer06:

imageLaurelBee:

Yes 

"I really want you...

https://www.urbanmoms.ca/flying_solo/assets_c/2011/06/sexy%20mouth-thumb-240x200-25029.jpg

...to put chocolate in here"

Is what I would get. DW is lovely and sexy but not a sexter.

• Options
    imageLuckyDad:

imageKJmashup:
    I changed my mind about the new Arrested Development. Earlier this week, I posted about how disappointed I was. Well, several more episodes in, and my attitude has changed drastically. I had spoken too soon.

This probably deserves its own thread :)

Halfway through. I feel like the Michael plot line builds as it goes. I feel like the George Sr./Oscar plot better be going someplace good, so far it's a drag with a few funny moments. The Tobias/Lindsey stuff is the best. David Cross and Arrested Development really need each other in a true symbiotic relationship. It's the best stuff he's done in forever, and he's the best part of the show.

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded.

I was a bit thrown off when I first saw the "new" Lindsey, but I'm starting to get used to her.

I'm only on episode 5, but this past episode I watched included Ron Howard himself and a bunch of meta-jokes, and that's when I knew I was back at home in AD Land. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    imagespeer06:

I mean, I can't talk dirty in person because I just laugh

This is me too. I think Dh wouldn't know what do with himself if I sent him a naked pic. He'd prolly text back lolwut?

Rap Roller
  • Options

imageMollusksWrangler:
    See that's funny and I could get behind a text like that.

Yes, but she'd actually want the chocolate. :)

• Options
    imageLaurelBee:
    imagespeer06:

I mean, I can't talk dirty in person because I just laugh

This is me too. I think Dh wouldn't know what do with himself if I sent him a naked pic. He'd prolly text back lolwut?

Send him a cleavage shot and tell him you're thinking of him today. See what happens.

image image
  • Options
    I'm thinking DW and I need to get that snapchat thing. I have a hunch that would make her feel more at ease about sending me sexy, but not perfectly flattering, pics.
  • Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    My issue with sexting is that is just feels so effing cheesy.nbsp; Like phone sex... I just cannot get behind it TWSS.But while we are actually banging, especially if there has been some alcohol involved, we talk very dirty to one another.nbsp; It's organic in the heat of the moment, not some cheesedick sex operator stuff.

To me it's just fun.

I'll send a sexy text or two a week, usually when I think about sex.

I do recognize that DH and I are cheesy however.

I can't talk dirty during sex. My mouth is too busy.

image image
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:
    Y'all inspired me. I just sent a top down cleavage shot with a suggestive hopefully face. I'm curious to see his response.

Yes!

image image
  • Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:

imageRondackHiker:

Doing what?  I hate making out during sex... I have noises I need to make...

I probably drop at least one f-bomb per minute during boning.

I was half joking. I usually lose the power of speech at some point.

I also like to bite.

image image
  • Options
    imageAshPal61:
    imagekiraliz2:
    imageHilarityEnsued:

imageRondackHiker:

Doing what?  I hate making out during sex... I have noises I need to make...

I probably drop at least one f-bomb per minute during boning.

Team Dirty Talk. 

This is quickly turning into FFST

+1

I've been surprising myself lately with the things I say during sex.  I'm getting pretty good, if I do say so.

Also, I was unaware dropping the f bomb was dirty talk. We usually say that something feels good or....

Wait. I guess we do dirty talk. Lol. I'm cracking up because I hadn't realized what we did was dirty talk.

image image
  • Options

I packed all my vibrators, not sure why I did. I thought I could go without them for 2 weeks.

I cannot remember what box I put them in....I didn't exactly right "vibrators" on the box. 

“I’d marry again if I found a man who had $15 million and would sign over half of it to me before the marriage and guarantee he’d be dead in a year.” - Bette Davis
  • Options
    imageThe Nap Taker:
    I packed all my vibrators, not sure why I did. I thought I could go without them for 2 weeks. nbsp;I cannot remember what box I put them in....I didn't exactly right "vibrators" on the box.nbsp; image

Time to go shopping.

image image
  • Options

On the topic of sex we are currently living like bums in our bedroom. We have a mattress sitting on top of the box frame, on the floor. The bed frame it was on is at the bottom of our stairs waiting for the community clean up dumpster. It literally fell apart. We told my parents we lost a screw in the move when they asked about it. No... we just broke it.

Another thing is I'm coming to realize I have horrible anxiety. I always have but its getting worse.  Its mostly about strangers. I avoid drive thrus, I will self check out if possible, I will do everything in my power to not interact with people I don't know. When I absolutely have to I have to prep myself for a good 5-10 minutes before actually doing it. I also can't make eye contact with people over the age of 10, like even my mother or DH.

We had to have the maintenance men come in and fix something on Wednesday and the only time they were free was after H went to work. I had a nightmare about trying to explain something to the guy and him hauling off and hitting me. Its completely absurd and I know it but that dream sent me into a panic.

Its not just pregnancy related according to H I've been like this for all the years he's known me. 

I know I need to talk to someone but the big issue why I haven't: IS BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE PERSON I HAVE TO TALK TO. 

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Options
    imageInkogneetoh:
    imagewhite318:

My step daughter had a much older guy that was talking to her in chat rooms just hop on a bus and show up on her doorstep.   It happens in real life and teenagers don't realize how much they reveal about themselves online. She thought she was just being flirty and fun and he thought very differently. Definitely know what your teens are doing online.  It is much better than dealing with it after the fact.

How long ago was this?  Just wondering because it seems that teens are using it more and more to keep in touch with their friends vs. going into AOL chat rooms and going "a/s/l?" until they find some random to talk to.  I'm not saying it never happens, but I think it was bigger when the internet first came out.  I may be totally oblivious to how teens really are today though and living in a bubble. 

A little over a year ago, she is still seeing a counselor about the experience. Sorry, I am at work, so I can post only on my breaks. She met him through a game chat on facebook and it continued to texts and emails.  His computer persona was exactly the kind of guy she was looking for to confide in.  She never expected him to visit IRL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"