Chit Chat

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• imageBoopADoopBetty:

Oh I have a twat-like confession:

I hate America's love for trashy reality tv shows. With things like Homey Boo Boo, all of the ridiculous redneck shows,the teen pregnancy mom, and the more recent America's Taboos on NatGeo I feel like we're celebritizing and glamorizing stupidity and poor choices rather than stressing intelligence and common sense. I absolutely despise it, and I'm so sad that the History Channel, NatGeo and the other channels that should have shows that expand the mind, instead decide that a bunch of idiots wrestling alligators in the swamp is a better option.

This is why I love Doctor Who and Sherlock so hard.  It is not stupid TV.  It is not pandering to the masses.  It's smart and it's funny and it makes fun of itself.   

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I read Dan Brown's new book in, like, 3 days.  I devoured it with my brain muscles.  It was glorious. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    imageHesterlicious:

imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    I recommended Venture Brothers to CG and she never watched it. My underpants just wilted with sadness.
    '

Can I help you shun her even if I have only watched it once? I enjoyed fully but TV is hard.

Come, narrow your eyes at CG along with me.

It'll be like the Care Bear Stare, only judgy.

I like this. 

Can we call everybody "Sports fan?" like Champ bear? 

::NArrows eyes::

Watch the effing Venture Brother Sorts Fan!!

• imageMrsSkull1107:

imageCinemaGoddess:
    I read Dan Brown's new book in, like, 3 days.  I devoured it with my brain muscles.  It was glorious. 

Is it good?? It's expensive and I'm cheap and I want to know if it's worth it. 

YES.  It's a Robert Langdon book, but it's based more in science and literature than religion this time.  It's got a lot of twists and more than once I realized I was holding my breath while reading the action parts. 

I really enjoyed it.  You might be able to find it cheaper on Amazon or even at a used bookstore soon.  I got it for $18 at Target and right now it's a little over $20 at Target. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• imageBoopADoopBetty:

I hate America's love for trashy reality tv shows. With things like Homey Boo Boo, all of the ridiculous redneck shows,the teen pregnancy mom, and the more recent America's Taboos on NatGeo I feel like we're celebritizing and glamorizing stupidity and poor choices rather than stressing intelligence and common sense. I absolutely despise it, and I'm so sad that the History Channel, NatGeo and the other channels that should have shows that expand the mind, instead decide that a bunch of idiots wrestling alligators in the swamp is a better option.

• imageashleysyn2:
    imageBoopADoopBetty:

You should be watching North America with me while everyone else is watching Teen Mom. I love nature stuff.  

How is it compared to Planet Earth? I own the entire collection of PE and I've watched a few others that have sprung up, but they're all the same. Some even used the PE footage. 

"I stammered, unable to form a coherent thought because I have a vagina."

• My forreal confessions:

1.  I haven't cleaned my house in two days.  I've barely done dishes and I haven't vacuumed.  I'm usually really good at keeping the place in a relative state of clean.  The girls have been ridonk lately and every time I try to clean up they follow me around and mess everything up again.  You can't even walk in the girls room right now.  They've pulled everything out of their closet, knocked everything off their chest of drawers (mostly clothes and blankets) and pushed their cribs over.  It was so bad last night that I was seriously sitting on the floor in the hallway, sobbing because I knew it would take at least an hour to clean up in there and I was so freaking tired already. 

2.  I'm about to put on my second pot of coffee for the day.  I've already had 2/3 of one and a drip coffee from Sbux, but I need more caffeine so I can finish the cleaning. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• imageashleysyn2:
    imageBoopADoopBetty:
    imageashleysyn2:
    imageBoopADoopBetty:

You should be watching North America with me while everyone else is watching Teen Mom. I love nature stuff.  

How is it compared to Planet Earth? I own the entire collection of PE and I've watched a few others that have sprung up, but they're all the same. Some even used the PE footage. 

l have Planet Earth and Earth (the condensed, more kid-friendly version), and North America is almost as good. I haven't seen any of the same footage so far, but what they have shown is amazing. Plus it's narrated by Tom Selleck, so that's pretty cool.

Tom Selleck is cool. I've got my DVR set to record 

• imageSookieFrackhouse68:

I have listened to "Ya Hey" like, literally 8 times today.

I can't stop.

It's like a drug.

I CAN QUIT ANYTIME I WANT TO.

Benny had better step up his game. Ezra's brain has me swooning.

I keep thinking of Hey Ya, and I think of Outkast 

• Shake it like a polaroid picture, Betty. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"