Pre-School and Daycare

Humor me

What is the craziest thing your child has ever done that either landed them in the ER or close to it?  Last December DD took the felt craft pom pom off of her popsicle stick reindeer she made at daycare and stuck it in her nose.  I think she was trying to pretend it was her nose and then accidentally put it in her nose.  Then when she tried to get it back out she ended up pushing it up there even farther.  I was driving her home from daycare and she starts crying in the back seat "I put Rudolphs nose up my nose".  I am still paying the bills from the ER visit.  We had to go have it removed with surgical equipment because nothing I tried at home worked.  Someone tell me there kid has done something crazy to make me feel better about all the bills lol
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Humor me

• That is quite funny. I foresee that becoming a traditional family Christmas tale! When my twins were almost 2 they were rough housing after getting out of the tub and DD ate it. Coming down she hit right above her eye on my bed frame got a gash. That was an ER trip and 9 stitches. But the crazy thing is, we got home, and were hanging out in the basement, and I swear, not 30 minutes after coming home from ER with stitches, my wildchild had toted a toddler chair up the steps of the slide, and I hear "One. Two.." I look up and see her about to go down the slide on a chair. Ahem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Leap08Leap08 member
    My daughter also stuck a rock up her nose. It was surprisingly large. I have no idea how she even managed to get it in her nose it was so large. We didn't go to the ER, though. We were able to get her in to our usual doc, but he couldn't get it out so we had to go to an ENT doc. It took him less than 10 minutes and cost us $170. She was a bit traumatized as they had to strap her down to get it out. Now, she tells me all the time that she's not allowed to play with rocks.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS right around his 5th birthday stuck a big bead up his nose and when he tried to get it out he pushed it so far I could barely see it so we went to the ER. His reasoning was he had an itch and no where to put the bead!

When DD was just over 3 shedecided to use the metal pointy Christmas tree start and a horse to jump on and cut herself where no girl should be cut! Luckily it was not deep but it was after hours so the doctor said to go to the ER to make sure she did not need stitches. When she was 2 she pulled from my hand and dislocated her elbow at the grocery store.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageLoveEeyore:
    That is quite funny. I foresee that becoming a traditional family Christmas tale! When my twins were almost 2 they were rough housing after getting out of the tub and DD ate it. Coming down she hit right above her eye on my bed frame got a gash. That was an ER trip and 9 stitches. But the crazy thing is, we got home, and were hanging out in the basement, and I swear, not 30 minutes after coming home from ER with stitches, my wildchild had toted a toddler chair up the steps of the slide, and I hear "One. Two.." I look up and see her about to go down the slide on a chair. Ahem.

LOL I feel better now. 

• imageLoveEeyore:
    That is quite funny. I foresee that becoming a traditional family Christmas tale! When my twins were almost 2 they were rough housing after getting out of the tub and DD ate it. Coming down she hit right above her eye on my bed frame got a gash. That was an ER trip and 9 stitches. But the crazy thing is, we got home, and were hanging out in the basement, and I swear, not 30 minutes after coming home from ER with stitches, my wildchild had toted a toddler chair up the steps of the slide, and I hear "One. Two.." I look up and see her about to go down the slide on a chair. Ahem.

LOL I feel better now. 

• My DD ate 1/2 a jar of wax suppositories (about 12 of them).  They were in her top drawer and I had no idea that she could a) get into the drawer or b) twist the lid to open them.

She puked a lot and then pooped a lot.  The ER docs and nurses that it was pretty funny....  they are surprisingly non-toxic. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ppantsppants member
    My kids went to the asthma dr for the first time at 2.5 yrs old. She was checking DS's ears and asked about the tube in his ear. I said he doesn't have a tube in his ear. She was surprised and explained he has something blue in his ear then. She let me look in there with the otoscope and sure enough he'd picked off some of the wording on his PJs and put it in his ear. She managed to fish one piece out but the other was very positional. At home, flushed his ear with water and grabbed it once it rose to the top.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • imageKateB1984:

DS2 at about 3.5 twice put small rocks up his nose and put food in his ear. 3 completely separate occasions.

A few weeks ago, he went to put a quarter in his piggy back (with me about 10 steps behind him with DD) and started choking. He said he was just 'holding it' in his mouth on the way to his piggy bank, but it slipped down his throat. We're so so lucky it wasn't worse. After violently throwing up for ages from the stress of his body trying to choke it up, he was most upset that it was hard to find the quarter in all of the puke. Priorities. I thought at almost 4 he could be trusted to walk to his piggy bank and drop a quarter in, but apparently not :/

Wow that is super scary! It totally sounds like something my DD would do though.
  • imageNCMichelle:

My DD ate 1/2 a jar of wax suppositories (about 12 of them).  They were in her top drawer and I had no idea that she could a) get into the drawer or b) twist the lid to open them.

She puked a lot and then pooped a lot.  The ER docs and nurses that it was pretty funny....  they are surprisingly non-toxic. 

Yuck!  Glad they are non toxic.  
  • My gosh I laughed out loud at several of these. It also made me think I have been being too strict with my kiddo in expecting him not to do this stuff. The other day I walked in on him just guzzling his brother's infant (flouride free thank god) toothpaste. I flipped out and had so many emotions at once (mainly fear) and I remember asking him"am I supposed to punish you? What am i supposed to do?". Probably not the right response but I was so scared for him and there was no one less there to ask. In the end the doctor's office said it was flouride free and not a big deal and now I keep it on a high shelf and he knows it can hurt his brain. He is suprisngly very interested in what foods and behaviors will make him strong, smart, and tall, versus those that are unhealthy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"