Cloth Diapering
Options

Imagine bamboo PF

I ordered a dozen Imagine bamboo prefolds as part of my first order - also lots of covers, a couple pockets, etc. I've gotten to try SIL's CDs so I have an idea of what I like, but she doesn't have PFs. She does have Flip covers and inserts so I kinda get the idea.

My question - I didn't realize these bamboo PFs were going to be hard to get! After I placed my order I saw that people had been waiting for them to get stocked for some time. Well, I ordered mediums (12-25 lbs) and LO is 13 lbs  and 9 weeks now. Should I call and see if I can add a package of larges (15-30+ lbs)? I'm afraid I'll end up loving them and won't be able to get the next size; on the other hand, I might not even like PFs and then I'd have spent the money for nothing. I guess I don't even know how old LO will be when he's over 25 lbs either - FTM here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Imagine bamboo PF

• Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member

That's a tough call since you don't know for sure if you'll like them. 

A couple thoughts I had:

1.) My imagine bamboo prefolds shrunk a lot. I have the mediums and honestly my 19lb chunky thighed boy has pretty much outgrown them.  (I can obvioulsy still tri-fold in  a cover, but they don't work with a snappi anymore.) So you may actually be able to use the larges sooner than you think.

2.) Larges will be too long to tri-fold in a cover without folding over & causing a lot of bulk. Buying mediums is not as big of a gamble because those will work tri-folded or to stuff pockets.

3.) I think some of the long wait for bamboo prefolds is that they're pretty new.  Grovia came out with some back in like January & it's my understanding that the Imagine's haven't been around much longer.  So it might just be that the initial demand was higher than Nicki's thought. 

FWIW my DS1 was around 2 before he hit 25 pounds.  DS2 is bigger and will probably hit that around 15-18 months.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    FWIW, the larges were never out of stock. I kept almost getting them a few times, but decided to wait for the flats instead. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! My original order just shipped so I will just wait and see how I like the mediums.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageCLLDLL:

That's a tough call since you don't know for sure if you'll like them. 

A couple thoughts I had:

1.) My imagine bamboo prefolds shrunk a lot. I have the mediums and honestly my 19lb chunky thighed boy has pretty much outgrown them.  (I can obvioulsy still tri-fold in  a cover, but they don't work with a snappi anymore.) So you may actually be able to use the larges sooner than you think.

This!

I have both the regular cotton and bamboo medium Imagine prefolds; I tried a dozen of each.  The bamboo ones have shrunk a lot more and are really hard to Snappi on my skinny 16lb 6 month old.  The bamboo are more absorbent but Los take a lot longer to dry in the drier, almost twice as long as the cotton ones.  I just ordered some large, but got the cotton ones only this time. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"