Adoption

Finalization keeps getting pushed back!

It's so frustrating!  Even though it's already finalized in our hearts and minds, there is just something about making it official and having our last name be hers as well on that birth certificate!  First, we were waiting on a court hearing because BF is not responding to anything.  He didn't show up to the hearing, either (surprise, surprise) so they said finalization would be within 30 days, which would have been end of June.  DH just heard from the attorney today and the judge can't fit it into his schedule until either July 17 or 30, not sure which yet.  How annoying!  Just needed to vent my frustration, even though I know I need to be patient.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

after several m/c, DD#1 born 7-7-08, more m/c and failed IVF, started adoption process March 2011, matched Oct 2, 2012, DD#2 born 10-31-12
Hope Wait Pray Adoption Blog

Re: Finalization keeps getting pushed back!

• I'm so sorry. I feel ya. DD's birthfather flat out didn't respond to any of the adoption stuff, so we had to wait. And wait. Then the lawyer we were using had medical issues within his staff, so the temps were scrambling to try and get stuff done. It seemed to take forever, but it finally happened.

Hang in there

• IRRIRR member
    I am sorry this is taking so long for you but as one who has been waiting to even bring a LO home my sympathy is a bit weak.  Just enjoy the time you have and know this will happen.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"