1st Trimester
Options

Will it be ok?

Has anyone had this experience? Yesterday I was I think 12 dpo, got a positive test result at home and at the doctor. Last night I started having a little bleeding, it was bright red for a couple minutes then faded pink and then this morning it's gone. It wasn't a lot of blood and its definitely not a period since it last only about 4 hours max, I'm not sure because it stopped while I slept and it was not enough to even fill a pad. Have you had this happen and still had the pregnancy be ok. I can't even get seen right now to see whats going on because I'm waiting on a referral to go through for a maternal medicine doctor. This would be my 2nd child and I didn't have any complications with my first until I got pree at the end. I'm so scared.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Will it be ok?

• Options
    Plenty of people having bleeding at all different points during 1st tri and it turns out to be fine. It can be fairly common and yours doesn't sound like much. I would just call the OB office and let them know, they will probably still give you someone on the phone to give you advice. GL!

• Options
    I know I had that happen to me also. I got a positive home test and then at the doctors it was also positive, about maybe a week later i started bleeding, it wasnt enough to fill a pad but freaked me out so much i asked my work if i could go home and rest. it stopped about 6hrs to nothing lol i called my Mom who is a nurse and then my OB and they said as long as it stopped and didnt fill a pad it was ok but to not strain myself. that happened to me when i was 5 weeks, >< me and my hubby have had a couple MC so we were scared but when they told us it was fine we just about cried Smile and now im 10 weeks pregnant and everything is going great. so just relax worry makes things even more scary. Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing! I can have some hope but I'm still going to be realistic.
  • Options
    KFiori1KFiori1 member
    I've had 4 pregnancies, have bled/spotted with all of them, and just 1 resulted in a m/c. There can be many reasons for bleeding/spotting, and many times it turns out to be perfectly ok. I would take it easy for now and I hope everything is fine!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got my positive at 12 DPO too.  I started to bleed 11DPO but it started to stop on the 12th day.  When I took my test there was still a little blood.  So basically I had implantation bleeding 11-12 DPO.
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    I started bleeding with my Daughter when I was 5 or 6 weeks pregnant. I thought for sure because it was bright red blood that it was all over and tried to cancel my doc appt but they had me come in anyway as they said it could be ok... in my case it WAS. I can't remember was we saw at that point (sac and fetal pole maybe?) and then saw heartbeat the next week. I went on to have a healthy baby... just wanted to share another story of how it can be ok. It's so scary :( I hope things turn out positive for you as well!!!
    Tried for 2 years before diagnosed with DOR and low Progesterone. MC at 16 weeks in June 2010 (Told Placenta Previa contributed to the loss)
    Mommy to one darling & amazing little girl :) Born September 9th 2011 (C-Section at 38 weeks for Placenta Previa)

Surprise!! EDD 12/13/13 (Hoping for a VBAC!) Off home bed rest  and now just monitoring a large SCH. Stable in size but not going away. SHRINK PLEASE!

• Options
    I was told at the walk-in that that little bit of blood was probably just implantation bleeding.  Every person is different, but that's what it sounds like to me.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. To add more worry I was called in today to take a 2nd test. Yesterday was a blood test that said positive, today was a urine test. They said for some reason they HAD to have a urine test to confirm which I did not remember from my last pregnancy. I had just went to the bathroom when I was called in and definitely didn't have concentrated urine, it came out negative just like I suspected since I went to the bathroom not 10 minutes before. Then I get home at lunch and take my own after an hour and a half, it's definitely positive. I'm being seen at a military facility and I seriously think they don't know what they are doing. The canceled my referral so I can't even go are a different doctor to get a different opinion! It's frustrating. I'm headed back now because they want to explain to me why it is negative.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"