Minnesota Babies

December 2013 MN babies and introduction (long)

Hey, thought I'd introduce myself first, I am new to the Bump and also new to Minnesota. I moved here from England with my DF and our little dog Jasper in january, as DF was offered a great job opportunity here, unfortunately due to restrictions on his visa I cannot work here so I am currently a lady of leisure which has been difficult to deal with as I loved my Job back home, and no job makes it difficult to meet people too. But we thought we would use this time I have off to try for another baby so I could stay at home longer with him/her. We were pregnant in 2011 and I went into labour with our daughter Lily-Beth at 24 weeks, she fought for 2 days but on the 2nd day she suffered very large bleed to the brain that doctors said wasn't compatible with life, so we now have an angel baby.

So 18 months later we are pregnant with baby #2, my due date is dec 15th and I am currently 11w 5 days pregnant, I'm just wondering if there are any other December 2013 mommas to be out there living in MN? I thought maybe we could share experiences and get to know each other. :)

Re: December 2013 MN babies and introduction (long)

• So sorry for your loss. Congrats on being a Dec. Mama!

Hope you are liking MN!

Welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• cpsmwedcpsmwed member

Thank you :) yes loving MN so far, we arrived late January so right in the thick of winter, DFs work colleagues thought we were crazy. seems to be a lot of complaints from locals about the current weather too lol, I guess it's normally much nicer than this in may? 

When are you due? And do you know of any pregnant lady groups in the area? We are on the Minnetonka/Hopkins border but also very close to Eden prairie and Edina, it's quite strange our zip code is hopkins but houses across the street are Minnetonka.

• Loading the player...
  • December 19th here! It can be hard for new comers to MN to make friends sometimes because people tend to live here most of their lives and have friends from childhood/high school (this is coming from a native Minnesotan). I strongly recommend volunteering or joining an organization like the Jaycees to break the ice and get to know some people. Welcome!

• Welcome to MN! I'm just one month behind you, due on January 19th. I moved up to Minnesota 3 years ago for work so I'm still fairly new to the area too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • imagecpsmwed:

Thank you :) yes loving MN so far, we arrived late January so right in the thick of winter, DFs work colleagues thought we were crazy. seems to be a lot of complaints from locals about the current weather too lol, I guess it's normally much nicer than this in may? 

When are you due? And do you know of any pregnant lady groups in the area? We are on the Minnetonka/Hopkins border but also very close to Eden prairie and Edina, it's quite strange our zip code is hopkins but houses across the street are Minnetonka.

Hi & welcome to MN. I have a 4 yr old but live close so if you want to know things around here let me know. I was a SAHM for most of my sons first 2 years 

• Welcome! I live pretty close to Payne and have a 3 year old and 18 month. It's an interesting place to live. We moved here from CA a few years ago and it takes some getting used to. Like a previous poster said, it can be hard to make friends.

And yes, it's normally much nicer than it has been. :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello and welcome to Minnesota!  I'm expecting a little girl in October :-)  

Don't know if you are religious at all, but one of the ways we really got plugged into our community was by going to church- where we've met a lot of great friends.   

• Welcome! I am due on Dec. 10th with my first. I live in Bloomington, right by Edina and always open to meeting new people.
  • I also just wanted to say welcome to MN!  I'm in the Northern Suburbs - near Northeast Minneapolis, but I am also due in December - around the 13th and it is my first. I'd love to meet just about any MN mamas as many of my friends are well past the pregnancy stage as I'm one of the last in our group to have babies!
  • I'm moving to Farmington in June. I'll be in search of some mommy friends too. We have two little girls and will be welcoming a little boy to the mix in October! I have no idea where it is your town is but I'm always open to meeting new people. I've been a SAHM for a year in July. I generally love it. This transition will be rough though as I was finally getting used to going out and running into people I knew. I think my daughter going into kindergarten will help with that.
  • Hello! First of all, I am deeply sorry for your loss of your first child. I can't imagine going through something like that. 

I just wanted to chip in and say welcome to Minnesota! I hope you're liking it it here- the Twin Cities Area is really a very nice place to be. I moved here from central WI about 4.5 years ago when I transfered in to the U of M. I pretty much only knew my bf (now husband) at the time and honestly still don't know many people. I have a few friends, but they are mostly from high school and they are barley in relationships, let alone married and pregnant.

I'm due Dec 13 with our first child. I work from home some days and travel to WI the others. I work for my parents doing different things, so it leaves me pretty flexible, but also with not much contact with other people besides my parents and my husband so it can get lonley. I would love some new friends with kiddos around our future kiddos age :) We live in the outskirts of DT Minneapolis so are central to pretty much everywhere. I've been here long enough to know a bit about the city, too.

Let me know if you ever want to chat! :)

• Hi! My name is Kelly and I am also due Dec 15th. I live in the Twin Cities area. Send me a message anytime! Would love to share experiences.
  • imagecupcakeboo81:
    I also just wanted to say welcome to MN!  I'm in the Northern Suburbs - near Northeast Minneapolis, but I am also due in December - around the 13th and it is my first. I'd love to meet just about any MN mamas as many of my friends are well past the pregnancy stage as I'm one of the last in our group to have babies!

Right over here! I work in NE Mpls off of Marshall and 13th. Due Dec 15th with my first.

• QstonQston member
    Welcome to MN. Really, the sun does shine here! I promise.

Sorry about your loss, but congrats on the current pregnancy! I'm a FTM, due mid November, live in Minneapolis.

Good luck with being "a lady of leisure" that sounds fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Suz+MoSuz+Mo member
    imageNatesCupcake47:

Hello and welcome to Minnesota!  I'm expecting a little girl in October :-)  

Don't know if you are religious at all, but one of the ways we really got plugged into our community was by going to church- where we've met a lot of great friends.   

we moved here from Texas a year ago and have a five month old baby. I agree with pp that if you are religious at all there are often moms groups at churches.  I started going to my church's mom group while I was still just pregnant. That's an idea!

and my deepest condolences for your loss. Im so very sorry! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's not too far from me!  I'm just over in Columbia Heights!  My husband works right down by you in the old Grain Belt building!
  • Just had to laugh at the "sun does shine here" - it really has felt like Seattle lately hasn't it?  The sun is out today though!
  • imagekelrg32:

imagecupcakeboo81:
    I also just wanted to say welcome to MN!  I'm in the Northern Suburbs - near Northeast Minneapolis, but I am also due in December - around the 13th and it is my first. I'd love to meet just about any MN mamas as many of my friends are well past the pregnancy stage as I'm one of the last in our group to have babies!

Right over here! I work in NE Mpls off of Marshall and 13th. Due Dec 15th with my first.

Ok still learning how this board works - meant to quote this post with this response:

That's not too far from me!  I'm just over in Columbia Heights!  My husband works right down by you in the old Grain Belt building! 

• Welcome to MN! I am due December 5th and will be a FTM at 38. I am in the Northern suburbs (694 & 35E). I just started taking prenatal yoga at Blooma and seems that might be a good place to meet people. :)
  • I've been thinking about trying out Blooma too!
  • So far I really like Blooma. They do an intro at the beginning where you say your name, due date and where delivering followed by a question of the day. Kind of nice to hear everyone's answers. The yoga is always really good and instructors are very knowledgable (some are Duolas as well). Although I do have to admit I am not totally into the hardcore yogi stuff sometimes and it is hard to keep a straight face. ie "Come on momma's show me you inner warrior goddess." But all in all I think it is a really great company and I am loving the prenatal yoga classes. A friend also told me that their New Moms Class (included if you do the monthly deal) is awesome if you are a FTM, so planning on taking that. Smile
  • Little late to the party here, but you have a NE Minneapolis girl here who would love to meet up too! I moved here from Houston 15 years ago and still hate winter : I'm due January 15
  • Hi, Im due Dec 26th and a FTM in Fridley. I would love to talk/meet other moms from MN due in December
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @RileyLynn - I live in Columbia Heights and work in Fridley - not too far from you at all! 
  • @cupcakeboo81, your right near me. Did any of you end up having a get together?

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • RileyLynn said:

@cupcakeboo81, your right near me. Did any of you end up having a get together?

Not yet - there was another thread about trying to get a get together going but I don't know if it happened or not.  I wasn't able to make it to the proposed times.  I'd be down with meeting up with people though, especially those due around the same time!
  • Hi! I'm a FTM due Jan 3. We live in the NW suburbs and would be interested in meeting up with other mommies.
  • A little late to this thread, but I'm due with my second on November 19th.  I live in Watertown and work in Wayzata, so much further out than most people, which has often made it hard to meet other moms. 
  • Welcome! I'm due in January with my 4th. It's great to get out and meet new moms. I'm a little further out, Ramsey, but maybe we could all meet up sometime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"