January 2013 Moms

beach

We are thinking about going to the beach. Have any of you been yet? What did you bring? What did the little one wear? Opinions on sunblock?

Re: beach

• I would get one of the baby sunblock tents. They are great! I also brought a bounce seat to put him in while in the tent to avoid tons of sand.
  • I asked my dermatologist about infants and sunblock. She said do not use it before 6 mos. it can be dangerous for them because of the chemicals. She said no direct sun. Get a big umbrella and let baby stay under it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Coconut oil is a natural sunblock. Also check these out:
    https://safemama.com/cheatsheets/sunscreen/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • imagezonagirlie:
    I asked my dermatologist about infants and sunblock. She said do not use it before 6 mos. it can be dangerous for them because of the chemicals. She said no direct sun. Get a big umbrella and let baby stay under it.

Even if LO is under an umbrella they can still get burned since sun rays reflect off the sand and water.

OP- I recommend a good hat and a long sleeved rash guard. Our pedi said if the sun is unavoidable she would rather a little California Baby then a burn. We put a little on DS2's legs and face when we go out in the sun (since he has a long sleeved rash guard and a big floppy hat on)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"