Parenting after a Loss
Options

Toddler girl hair question

DD is 2.  Her hair is finally starting to grow out.  I'm debating bangs/no bangs.  DH is pushing for me to keep trimming them because he thinks they'll be in her eyes when she sleeps.  I think she's old enough to figure out how to push hair out of her eyes if it's bothering her because obviously it's not safe to let her sleep with barrettes in her hair...  It's an awkward phase, growing it out, to be sure.  Or do all little girls have bangs and I didn't get the memo?  Any tips?  Also, should I be trimming the back regularly so that the bangs catch up faster?  She just had her first trim about a month ago so I'm totally new to this...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Toddler girl hair question

• Options

From my experience with DD1 we cut her hair or I should say I cut her bangs and she always had that mullet hairstyle since that is how her hair grew so finally at 3 we grew her bangs out. She is now 5 and her hair is down to her butt with no bangs.

Now with DD3 we are not doing bangs at all. I will use barettes and hair ties or little non pulling rubberbands to pull her bangs out of her face.

There is truly no memo about bangs you either have her have them or you don't it is truly uo to you. Good luck!!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    DD's hair is finally getting long enough to get in her eyes. I just pull it back every day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is she annoyed that they get into her eyes?  I've never seen a kid actually care.  I wonder if your DH is just not used to having long hair and thinks it'd be annoying, when it's really not actually bothering her.  
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    morkmork member
    So DD is one of those young babies with tons of hair, and her bangs are already in her eyes. I'm debating whether to trim them or not too. They don't seem to bother her, but honestly, I like the bang look on her. Besides, it may give the back some time to catch up, as her hair back there is still growing out from the previous back sleeping bald spot. It's super long on the sides already though, it hits her shoulders! It's hard to decide what kind of haircut someone else should have!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options
    awesnapawesnap member

We've been growing her bangs out. She's 19 months and pushes her hair out of her face perfectly fine. It does bother her though so we do barrettes and pony tails. She looks so freaking cute with a big ponytail I'm glad we are doing them now.  

BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • Options

DD has bangs, and she has since she started refusing to wear hair ties, rubber bands, or clips in her hair. I had to cut bangs because she was always getting food in her hair. I think that was around 10ish months. She's gotten better about tolerating hair ties but still pulls them out randomly and chews on them. 

And I LOL'd at PP's comment about the toddler mullet, because that's exactly what it is.  

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options

This is a constant battle with DH!!

I do not want to give her bangs since it does not seem to bother her at all. However, DH is adamant we cut it because it does get crusty and stick to her nose if it is running.

I suggested clips and hair ties but he doesn't think she'll keep it in. We haven't even tried it!

I vote, NO BANGS!!

My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"