January 2013 Moms
Options

Fussiness

So I know about the 4 month wakefulness, but my DD is almost 5 months and the last few days has been struggling with her nap schedule.  I know her schedule is going to change, but the problem is that she has been waking up after only 15 minutes of sleep and then cries because she wants to be held.  It doesn't matter if she goes down in her swing, crib, car seat, in the car, or even in my arms ( which is about the only place she sleeps for more than a few minutes), she still is sleeping for a few minutes.  She went to sleep very early last night and sttn but woke up very upset, and is not napping well today with grandma.  Is this just a change in that 4 month wakefulness and it's changing to nap time rather than evening?  I feel bad for my DD because she's not usually so fussy, she's not drooling or teething, may have a mild increase in her temp, but nothing to warrant concern, she's not constipated, she has wet diapers, no rash, I feel like I have removed all other possibilities.  She is just crying a lot and almost inconsolable, it just breaks my heart.  Anyone else struggling with this?  I just feel a bit alone right now, and DH can't help because he works out of town for 2-3 weeks at a time.   
~Misty

Re: Fussiness

• Options
    mistd78mistd78 member

I am not making any changes, basically just letting her call the shots.  If she sleeps better in my arms for now, so be it, at least she is sleeping.  All the house work will still be there when she settles back down.  I just feel bad for her not resting right, I am hoping it is just a growth spurt...

~Misty
  • Options
    imageMichieU79:

I just emailed my hubby links about this...my Jack is 20 weeks old and still going through this.  Google wonder week 19 and read some of the momma blogs.  You are not alone on this.  It's hard...I know.  Jack had my husband almost in tears yesterday.  And my hubby is by far the patient one in the relationship.

We just have to ride it out.  It WILL get better!  :).

IMO, don't adjust too much...don't try anything new or dramatic.  Just try to be as flexible with her as you can and ride it out.  Take the path of least resistance on this one and it will end soon enough with your baby back to normal!  (or at least this is what I am hoping!) 

Ditto this exactly.

There's a lot going on with them right now.  Everything just kind of comes together to really upset their world and it manifests itself in crappy sleep and fussiness.  It will pass. 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"