Pre-School and Daycare

Birthday with a broken arm?

So DD will be 4 in three weeks and she fell out of her bed and broke her arm last night. Thankfully she is fine and just needs a hard cast for a while, but I'm thinking that the gymnastics party we booked is probably out the window.

Any suggestions? TIA! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Birthday with a broken arm?

• She gets it on Tuesday- granted I have no experience with broken bones but the break right above her elbow so I would assume it will go from above to below at a 90 degree angle. I didn't know they made water proof casts, I guess I could have looked that up online and I will definitely request that if it's an option. 

Thanks!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm so sorry she broke her arm. That stinks.
    What about a build a bear party? Or chucky cheese type place? I don't think gymnastics is a good idea anymore. I doubt the Dr will ok that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    I too would think gymnastic would be out of the question- no hanging on bars, trapeze, or jumping on the trampoline. I'd look for another option.
    imageimage
  • What would she do at the gymnastics place?  I remember when DS#1 broke his arm at the beginning of last summer, the dr. went on a rant about trampolines :-)  I do think it might be difficult.  You could do just about any other birthday thing though.  Will she have a cast over the elbow?  That makes some stuff more difficult, but doable.  We didn't get the option for a water proof cast.  We did get a water proof cast cover though, from amazon.  It was a pain to get on the over-the-elbow cast, but it worked very well.  It was about $20-$30?  Something like that anyway.
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • imageTMWarren85:

She gets it on Tuesday- granted I have no experience with broken bones but the break right above her elbow so I would assume it will go from above to below at a 90 degree angle. I didn't know they made water proof casts, I guess I could have looked that up online and I will definitely request that if it's an option. 

Thanks!! 

My five year old broke his wrist last year.  He was able to do most things.  I did not let him do bouncy houses at a gymnastics party because the cast is so hard that he could hurt somebody if he hit their head.

All places should offer a waterproof option.  All it means is that the cast liner is waterproof.  The cast itself is the same material.  The waterproof option was $25 more, but worth every cent.  Whenever my son was itchy he was able to run water down the inside of the cast and get relief.

Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
  • I would call the gym place and ask them. Maybe they can come up with activities she can do with a cast. If theyadvise aagainst it, then maybe look at other options.

Poor thing! I spent many summers in casts as an accident prone kid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"