Adoption
Options

Party after Adoptions...

Ladies,

Did you throw a party or a family gathering with your LO's after the adoptions were finalized?

Re: Party after Adoptions...

• Options
    We are planning to have a baby welcoming party after TPR is signed and the 30 day revocation period is up.  We know it's not finalization, but we have no reason to expect that once the 30 day period passes that the adoption wouldn't finalize.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We had a baby shower about a month after TPR was signed. (Actually we had two because my work threw us one, too!)

We celebrated with our family after her adoption was finalized by having lunch at one of our favorite restaurants.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No. We went out to lunch and hit the aisles of BRU

MIL threw us a baby shower when DD was 7 weeks. TPR was signed with her birthmom and was well on its way for her birthfather

• Options
    crene84crene84 member
    My sisters threw DH, DD, and me a "meet the baby" shower when she was 2 months old.  It was really nice and the format of a regular shower so we got a lot of gift cards, cash, and clothing.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did a small family party with cake and ice cream.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Options
    We had two parties/showers after we returned home with our son......finalization was anti-climatic for us since we didn't have to go to court and found out via an email from our lawyer- we celebrated it that night the three of us and then planned a special night out as a family as well.
  • Options
    We will have a small family get-together once we finalize next month. However, we waited until the TPR was signed and our 10 business day revocation period was over before we introduced him to our extended family and had any sort of baby shower. Like maryoosa said, we had no reason to believe our agency was going to revoke our adoption process during the 90-day post-placement period where they make sure everything is going smoothly with him in our home.
    :::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • Options

The little guys we are adopting are 9 and 11 and have never had a birthday party.  I'd really like to throw a big party for them. Maybe a carnival of sorts.  

Does that seem silly?

• Options
    imagejadesea:

The little guys we are adopting are 9 and 11 and have never had a birthday party.  I'd really like to throw a big party for them. Maybe a carnival of sorts.  

Does that seem silly?

I think it is great! Celebrate becoming a family :) I love the idea. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We are planning on having a little celebration with close family and friends after we bring our child home and get used to being a family of 3.  It may even be when we dedicate our child at our church a few months after bringing him/her home.  It most likely won't be right away. :)

I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • Options
    imagejadesea:

Does that seem silly?

(lurker here) That sounds wonderful! We want to adopt a child around 4 or 5 and since we want to foster first it's not like the family won't know them already. I am thinking a trip to Disney when it happens.

• Options
    imagejadesea:

Does that seem silly?

Lurking...but my nephews are adopted (twins) and they celebrate their Adoption day every year with a cake and candles, just like a birthday. They take cupcakes to school and tell everyone it's their Adoption Day. I think your little ones' Adoption Day could be the coolest "birthday" ever! Especially if they get to celebrate with a new family!

• Options
    imagejadesea:

Does that seem silly?

no! not silly!! my kids were 5, 2.5 and 1.5 at adoption and we did a big carnival-themed adoption party.  They tell us all the time it was their "happiest day".  love, love, love everything about that special party!

if you want to check out pics, here's a link: https://2mommies2be.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/carnival-adoption-party/ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"