Philadelphia Babies

Any other expectant moms around Main Line?

Hi! I'm looking to meet other expectant moms in the area, I don't have family in the area am the first of my friends to be expecting. Someone suggested taking prenatal yoga classes to meet other moms I was also thinking of attending the well born baby 1st Friday event. Has anyone been to a 1st Friday with them and/or how did you meet other expectant moms or did you wait until after having your baby???

Thanks in advance:

Re: Any other expectant moms around Main Line?

• Hello well i just found out im pegnant im also looking to meet expectant moms where are you from ...
  • There are a lot of moms on the Philly Nest board; it's way more active than this board. I have gone to one Well Born Baby First Friday event and it was well attended. Are you thinking of using a doula? I signed up with them and am looking forward to going to some of the other events they put on for their clients, both before and after baby arrives. Once baby is here, I think you'll find it's easy to meet other mom's through nursing groups, library story hours and other baby and kid related activities.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • I've met a lot of awesome girls due around the same time as me in prenatal yoga. It's excellent advice.

We are in the Yardley area though, a bit far from you. 

• Hello!

I am having the same problem locating expectant mom groups on the Main Line!  Have you had any luck??

Thanks!

Debbie 

• Are well-born hosting the 1st Fridays right now? I was just on their website and their May event was cancelled and there was no further news on future months. I'm thinking about attending the Lankenau hospital Mommy and Me Group  they host every monday between 2-3pm. I'm in Ardmore, going to be a first-time-mom, 20 weeks. 

Let me know if you find any further events or mommy groups in the area!  

• me! just moved to Berwyn a few months ago :) dont have family in the area, either, just some grad school friends who i really cant go out with too much at the moment. 
  • I'm in the Ardmore area.  Love the idea of finding ways to meet other FTMs in the area.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm also in Ardmore, and will be a FTM in Oct/Nov. would love to meet up with other FTMs nearby especially as I will be a SAHM.
  • LauraJulietLauraJuliet member
    edited September 2013
    I live in Devon, and would love to join a meet up. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi Ladies-

I'm Christina from Well Born Baby:-)  We had to stop the 1st Friday Mocktails in May because we were hosting them at Nurture and they closed unexpectedly.  We've had them up and running again since June (except holiday weekends). 

Our next 1st Friday Mocktails will be 10/4/2013 at Belly Pilates in Rosemont from 6-8pm.  We also do Mommy Morning Coffee every Friday (except 1st Friday) at Melodies (the old Milk Boy) in Ardmore from around 10/1030-until around noon.  The events are updated on our website but for the most up to date info, please check out our facebook page.

Thanks for the mention Ladies!
  • Is the mommy morning coffee meetup open to all or is it for your clients? I'd love to come with my little one when she's born.
  • It's open to everyone.  We usually try to grab one of the area's with sofas.  Look forward to meeting you sometime!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"